Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2003, 02:50 PM   #31
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

my bros car does this as well at idle...it shakes like it has a 5.0L mustang motor in it..wtf is up with that?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #32
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
my bros car does this as well at idle...it shakes like it has a 5.0L mustang motor in it..wtf is up with that?
Maybe the Engine/Tranny mounts are worn?

My engine is only rough when the idle is irradic. When the idle is constant the engine is very smooth and quiet.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #33
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Send a message via MSN to Adriano
I forget how to do it for your car because I have a friend with a OTC computer. You can buy the basic BMW code readers from ebay for a good price. This will definately tell you what the problem is.

Agent BMW trailer
Adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 06:12 PM   #34
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Got the fuel filter today at BMW T&C for $40 w/ BMWCC discount. I saved like $8! BMW membership pays for itself in the long run.

Anyways, to anyone who is familiar with the fuel filters, I got the short version. It seems to have a plastic cap inside the filter which I can see through the hole. It has the number 5 on it. Should that be in there? Doesn't look like I can remove it.

Thanks,

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 09-13-2003, 10:31 AM   #35
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
bryan, did you ever get this fixed ? I'm having the same trouble right now, and I'm almost positive it's my o2 sensor.
The shitty thing is, is that I just replaced it only 4 months ago, and it's already fried

My symptoms are, the car will run at 750rpm when started, but then if I step on the gas, when the rpms drop back down, they drop almost to the stalling point, and then it levels itself out after a few computer driven revs. It does this whether the car is hot or cold. I know it's not my PCV, EGR, Carbon Canister, or any of that stuff because I dont have any of those things on my car anymore!

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #36
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Contra, I've been having the same problem since the end of last winter. I was told that my idle control valve is sticking so you could try looking at that.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:50 PM   #37
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Hey guys,

I got it fixed. Turned out to be my "Purge Valve" which was what the fault codes read anways. One of the wires were corroded and broke off. So once it was reconneted the problem was fixed.

Bry

Old 09-13-2003, 07:00 PM   #38
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
hmm i'm going to check that next myself.
I think I've fixed my problem though, or at least figured out what it was. My idle control valve was REALLY gummed up, so I removed it, cleaned it with throttle body cleaner, and put it back in. It made a HUGE difference for me; my car runs like it's brand new now! The unit was such a pain in the ass to remove though, and I hurt my arms pretty bad in the process.
My next task is to clean the spark plugs from all the carbon deposit that's caked on from all these idle troubles.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 09-15-2003, 02:22 AM   #39
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

I finally figured it out! My intake boot (the rubber piece that connects to the throttle body) blew a hole out the bottom from all the supercharger pressure! lol!
no wonder my car was going so slow lately heheheh
I remember hearing a huge "POP!" sound when I was racing a mustang on kingston road, but I figured it was something inside my engine (something serious). I guess I'll just have to replace it with a metal one soon enough...luckily I had spares lying around, so all is well now, and TiTAN is back in action!

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 09-15-2003, 03:04 AM   #40
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
I finally figured it out! My intake boot (the rubber piece that connects to the throttle body) blew a hole out the bottom from all the supercharger pressure! lol!
no wonder my car was going so slow lately heheheh
I remember hearing a huge "POP!" sound when I was racing a mustang on kingston road, but I figured it was something inside my engine (something serious). I guess I'll just have to replace it with a metal one soon enough...luckily I had spares lying around, so all is well now, and TiTAN is back in action!
Yeah that's a very common problem. It's happened to me twice already. It's always the first thing I check when there is rough idle or loss of power.

Bry

Old 09-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #41
DriveItSideways
Banned

i just started getting the same problem minus the check engine light, when i first start the car, the rpms jump up to 2500 and then almost all the way down until the car starts to stutter then it starts to idle somewhat smoothely, and also when im at a stop and i accelerate very slowly the car boggs down, i checked all my hoses and it looks good, my throttle body was kinda dirty so i cleaned her up but that didnt help at all, wtf is going on?! its a really annoying problem..
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:49 AM   #42
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

probably the idle control valve like I experienced on my car. It just needs to be cleaned out, and relubricated.
it's a b*tch to get out though; I have bruises on my arms from wrenching it under the intake plenlum trying to get ICV out.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Display Modes Rate This Thread