Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
Soldo
6th Gear Member

can you use a polisher with zanio products?!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #17
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

You should only apply Zaino by hand. This is due to the fact that you want to use straight strokes, no circular motions, to get rid of the swirls. They say you can take it off with a power buffer but if you use it right there is absolutely no reason you need to.
ImolaMZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:22 AM   #18
98323IS
6th Gear Member

HEY did you have your car serviced at Budd's BMW in hamilton? That's a sweet car! And next time, ask for ME (Brad) to hand wash that shit baby...........I have nothing else to do!
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #19
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

Hey Brad, yeah that was my car. They are under instructions not to wash my car as I don't want it in the automatic wash bay. If you are willing to wash it by hand and use the Zaino wash that I supply I might be willing.

I am a picky bastard about my car so you might want to think twice about doing it. It will be back in a week or so for a fuel pump replacement. Let me know if you are up to the challange.

Old 07-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #20
98323IS
6th Gear Member

MORE then up to it baby. Plus it'll look good if you say hey, I want Brad to do it nobody else. Ya just give me the car wash stuff and I'll do it......that is unless it's pretty clean already in which case that's cool don't worry about it. Come say hi nextime man!! See ya
Old 07-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #21
98323IS
6th Gear Member

And picky is the ONLY way to be with how clean your car is. I would NEVER take my car through one of those things, even if it only sees BMW's. I don't even use soap on my car man. I have special wash mits etc. etc. I have about 500,000,000 different damn products in my garage!!! I think you and I will get along great...........hahahaha
Old 07-12-2003, 06:48 PM   #22
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

how long does the zaino process take usuall?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 01:22 AM   #23
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

E46_Lover;

I took a week to do mine right. The dealer had swirled the paint something awful so it took me 2 days just to get the swirls out. I used all Zainos products including the swirl remover. My swirls were very shallow but there were tons. I didn't use the accelerator ZFX so I could only do one coat a day. If you use the ZFX you can do up to three coats every 24 hours. I have 7 coats on now and put on another coat every 4 weeks. Doesn't need it, just love doin it. Figure on a weekend if you use ZFX to help you along.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:55 AM   #24
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

hey mr imola thats a gorgeous roadster you got there!!

question #1, is this zaino stuff that good?? seeing as you car is also red did you have that combweb look on your paint before??

question#2 is your roadster the 315hp version??

question#3 can you let me know when you are ready to sell it??(im serious)
Old 07-13-2003, 12:48 PM   #25
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

Windsor;
To answer your questions:
1. Yeah, I had the cobwebs you are talking about. Keep in mind my car only had 13000km on it when I got but the idot dealer didn't know how to use an orbital polisher and really f***d up the paint. I have used pretty much every wax/polish out there over the years and I gotta admit, Zainos is amazing. I have said it before that prep is everything so don't skimp on the cleaning and clay before you start. The swirls started to resurface after about a dozen washes, not sure if they were new or old. Another coat of Z5 makes them disappear.

2. No it is the 240hp version. This version is more easy to modify and is not prone to problems like the S54 version. This car is very snakey as it is and would be a real handful with more power.

3. It's not for sale yet. I have only had it since March so you have a few years to wait. I have already been offered 8k more than I paid. Once a MZ4 comes out I am sure that the value of my car will drop. Nice thing is, in 2006 my car will only have 50k on the odometer.

Nice 318 by the way.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #26
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
great car man ! I doubting that the M version Z4 is coming cause BMW says that it isn't, but that what they said about the Z3 too, so we'll find out, but what about the Hartge Z4 ???

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 05:51 PM   #27
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
sorry to post again, but can you post some pics of your IS300 as well, cause I drove an IS200 sport, and compared what you did with your Z3, I doubt it that the IS300 is stock

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #28
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

Quote:
Originally posted by ImolaMZ3
Windsor;
To answer your questions:
1. Yeah, I had the cobwebs you are talking about. Keep in mind my car only had 13000km on it when I got but the idot dealer didn't know how to use an orbital polisher and really f***d up the paint. I have used pretty much every wax/polish out there over the years and I gotta admit, Zainos is amazing. I have said it before that prep is everything so don't skimp on the cleaning and clay before you start. The swirls started to resurface after about a dozen washes, not sure if they were new or old. Another coat of Z5 makes them disappear.

2. No it is the 240hp version. This version is more easy to modify and is not prone to problems like the S54 version. This car is very snakey as it is and would be a real handful with more power.

3. It's not for sale yet. I have only had it since March so you have a few years to wait. I have already been offered 8k more than I paid. Once a MZ4 comes out I am sure that the value of my car will drop. Nice thing is, in 2006 my car will only have 50k on the odometer.

Nice 318 by the way.
thanks for the complement im assuming if you where to wash the car hands free the finish would last longer no?? do you clean it by hand??

Mr. imola i have no problem waiting 5 years if i have to, im still kicking myself in the nuts for not buying my bosses before i got my car. it was triple black with 13k on it, the buy out was 38k
Old 07-14-2003, 12:50 AM   #29
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

Windsor

I only wash it by hand. Tried it at a hands free once. Roof leaked like a bastard. I am sure I will be around on this board for a while so when I am ready to sell, I will post here first.

FYI, my IS300 and a 330is are coming off lease at my work in the next few months. If anyone is interested let me know. 27k for the IS, 32k for the 330. All are plus taxes. PM me for details.

TiemanT, my IS300 is stock as it is my daily driver and a company car to boot. It has served me well but it has been in a major accident and I have had nothing but grief since. It's still a good deal for someone even with the problems. I am trying to get a 325iT for a replacement. You know, give it the M treatment.

Please excuse the messy garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garagevs.jpg (29.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #30
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

A nice front three quarter shot.

Please don't flame me, this was a request.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frnt34.jpg (31.4 KB, 54 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: