Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-25-2003, 05:24 AM   #1
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
me vs cops- part II

well we decided to go drinking on the beach but had no alcohol
LCBO is closing in 5 mins and im 2 intersections away. what do you do? go fast
anyways i went about 120km/hr on finch (but i was driving carefully, not wrecklessly) and i was the only car on the road.. i see a cop popping out of nowhere going at about 150 behind me with the cherries on, so i just kept on going cause i guess i was lost and didnt know what to do... anyways, i reached an intersection and just turned right, and since there were like 10 cars at the intersection the police couldnt identify my car because it was dark, so they started braking for a second, and then kept on going straight...
im not a bad driver, but people should be allowed to go fast, especially when there are no people and cars around..
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:31 AM   #2
T-spec
6th Gear Member

So true! as long as your carefull it should be alright but we all know thats never gonna happen, Oh well.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:57 PM   #3
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
erm 120 in finch is insane. but i agree with letting us go fast on the highway speed limit on the highway is insane too they should put that around 160/140 for express and 120/100 on collectors
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:12 PM   #4
Mikester
7th Gear Member

left lane on collector 150, rest 100

express 200
Old 06-25-2003, 03:42 PM   #5
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester

express 200
dunno mike, i agree with the limits kinda, i speed anyway but think of it this way
this is a bmw forum, most of us, well everyone except tripod&terry (jks) drive good, we like highspeeds and excel at them...but as for 90% of the population in this world, they cant drive worth shit, dont look blind spots, turn to exits last second, brake for no reason, the errors are endless..if they raise the limit to say like 140, then that means we will be going 160-180 with no worries seeing how its 20-40 over and to us thats dick cause half of us already got caught doing those speeds.. so now consider us booking it at 180, on all 2 lanes, and the slow lane is going 140, and some **** is on the onramp going 60 to 80 in his focus with his blinker and by the time he realizes whats going on, hes either jumping into the slow lane, or slowing down waiting for an opening, just tooo many stupid drivers out for them to raise the limits, its not about our cars how in 2003 most can hit over 140 easily, but its about drivers who dont know what they're doing...thats just my 2cents on how they will never raise the limit unless they put in new rules and extend the on ramp 4th lane or begin teaching everyone on G3:highway safety or something like that
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:04 PM   #6
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

but you also gotta take into account that some roads werent made
for high-speeds so they put limits on there cuz if u go too fast ur cars gonna lose control
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SeRb
but you also gotta take into account that some roads werent made
for high-speeds so they put limits on there cuz if u go too fast ur cars gonna lose control
yeah exactly, just another reason why raising the limit would be a terrible idea although its needed, cause 45min to get to toronto is too long for me
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Mikester
7th Gear Member

i dont know, i could and did over 200 on all major highways..
actually its easier for me going fast than slow..

but i have to agree with you sith, some drivers cant even concentrate and have good reaction when driving at 30km/hr...
if the world was full of young drivers (and not crazy like the ginos in woodbridge ), they could go twice faster than usual and still there would be less accidents than at present
Old 06-25-2003, 11:43 PM   #9
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

hey wuts the max u taken yr car?
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #10
betmen
6th Gear Member

200 ......cant go more its a minivan
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:41 AM   #11
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
i took my car to 210, but my 5th is pretty short so i was @ 6100rpm's
Old 06-26-2003, 03:18 AM   #12
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

No matter what the posted limits are we all tend to naturally go 20 km/h over. Don't know why, but it just happens. Even though you were driving (safely) it's always the odd driver that pops out of a driveway somewhere that would force you to take evasive action which could lead to an accident elsewhere.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:02 AM   #13
sonic07
6th Gear Member

like my old neighbour said drive faster is safer absolutely NOT in north america. he is 110% pure german. he said german mentallity. the autoban (one of hitler great inventions) without speed limit has alot less accident than our 401. he told me every year when he goes back to germany he rent a bmw doing average speed 180km on the autoban. this guy is 65 years old. and when there is an accident everybody would slow down to 120km/hr. everybody drive properly there like drive on the right and pass on left. all i can say is WOW ... imagine having that here on 401 with some the idiot drivers ... we'll have tons of accident ...

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:26 AM   #14
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester

express 200
yeah ... that is good.

all hi-way left lane should have no speed limit. so everybody would drive safely on the right lane/middle lanes. blink hi beam to go faster if you're on the left lane and cought up with another vehicle infront of you.

imagine driving a chevy sprint (3 cyl. car) .... lol ....

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:05 AM   #15
Mikester
7th Gear Member

ive taken mine to 230 a couple times..
if a highway is empty and its safe i usually average 160-170km/hr

on july 25th im going to holland and taking a train to germany just so i can drive fast on the autobahn, probably with a bike
for me, going fast is like chocolate to women

here people (like my mom) drive slow and "carefully" but it takes them half a minute to think how to make a turn..
what pisses me off is drivers talking on cell phones and concentrating on conversation than on the road.. me, i can drive my 5 speed, smoke a cigarette, talk on the phone and still drive normally because im aware of the environment and keep the eyes on the road

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: