Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-20-2003, 07:39 AM   #1
MPIR3
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MPIR3
emblem removal?

hey, how do i remove my trunk emblems/badges (dealer logo, series #) off w/o scratchin or harmin' the clear coat. im tryin to achieve the clean/shavin look.

thanx

www.schnazzy.com | www.bimmerforums.com | www.maxbimmer.com
MPIR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
For the 318i part on the back, take a hairblower and heat up the numbers for a little bit, and then use some dental floss and weave it under the numbers. They're just stuck on with some 3M style foam tape.
As for the emblem, I dunno, ask those punks who always steal them

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:26 PM   #3
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

for the emblem, flat screwdriver, working at it very slowly....if it's a replica emblem that costs you $10, just work quicker on it and who cares if you bend it....
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by pasta325i
for the emblem, flat screwdriver, working at it very slowly....if it's a replica emblem that costs you $10, just work quicker on it and who cares if you bend it....
uhhh....i dunno about this one, I'd be afraid of ruining my paint more than the emblem.

anyone else have suggestions??

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
i heard about using a credit card and a screwdriver or just the credit card itself on the bmw emblem
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #6
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
for the emblem, flat screwdriver, working at it very slowly....
First off why would you take the roundel off? There will be two holes under and it would look like crap. But if you want them off that bad use the flat screw driver idea but put masking tape on it so it won't scratch the paint.

Dave
Old 06-20-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
Muffles
1st Gear Newbie

Not sure if it's the same on e36's or if it's even different in america, but i just took mine off, and you'll have to use some filler - there will be an indentation left where the badge was. It's quite awkward to take it off without making any mark, but then again as i had to filler it (already knew this) i didn't bother taking much care!
Muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
jeremy
6th Gear Member

you can pop the emblem out from the inside of the hood...the emblem has two pegs that stick through the hood, you can push them from the inside raising the emblem, then you can simply use your finger to pop it off....same deal for the trunk (it's probably under the trunk carpeting)....

m50e30 is right....you will end up with a circular groove from where the symbol was and two holes....you will need to fill this with bondo and have it painted....
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:10 PM   #9
Muffles
1st Gear Newbie

that'll be the difference - on e30's the front one can't be accessed from behind, and needs to be taken off from the top
Muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:52 PM   #10
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Guys, before my Emblem got stolen 6 times i took it off once, you put the flat screwdriver right in the side of the emblem and car and then slide it down slowly, then just move it around, you can get it off no prob, it takes time and effort but it can be done...

as for the advice jeremy says, it should prolly work on your car but on E30's it doesn't, well on my the steel is in the way...but ya dont remove the emblem cause you'll have thaty indent and holes on the trunk...unless your getting it painted?
Old 06-21-2003, 04:24 AM   #11
msifashion
2nd Gear Member

Anyway you do it the paint underneath is more than likely going to be somewhat of a different color(and usually duller), so you have to get it buffed. To do it the right way, take it off, fill in the indention and get it repainted. While your at it you might as well shave your moldings and door handles.
msifashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 04:34 AM   #12
MPIR3
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
First off why would you take the roundel off? There will be two holes under and it would look like crap. But if you want them off that bad use the flat screw driver idea but put masking tape on it so it won't scratch the paint.

Dave

oh i really didnt mean to take off the emblem, i didnt know what everyone else call those plastic #'s and dealer badges

Old 06-21-2003, 04:37 AM   #13
MPIR3
1st Gear Newbie

thanx for the suggestions everyone, imma try em out tommorrow, yeah and i do intend to get everything shaven off during my mass construction after i get the right bodykit :-)

Old 06-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #14
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pasta325i

as for the advice jeremy says, it should prolly work on your car but on E30's it doesn't, well on my the steel is in the way...
thats funny....it works on mine....i've switched the emblems about 3-4 times and taken symbols off other ones...i'll show you at the next meet
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:51 AM   #15
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy
thats funny....it works on mine....i've switched the emblems about 3-4 times and taken symbols off other ones...i'll show you at the next meet
Well I opened the trunk before and tried to see where the things you push on are, but the holes in the trunk are just i nthe wrong spots...i dunno, ya show me, that way i can take it off and put my new ones on....when i get them

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: