Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-16-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
ToBimer
3rd Gear Member

installing rieger bumper

i took my car to the body shop to get my rieger bumper installed. thay are having difficulty mounting the bumper. thay are thinking of bolting the top to the piece where the kidneys are. on each side there are slots to side the bumper in , but along the front the is nothing. does anybody know haw this bumper is supposed to be properly installed? if so can u please reply asap as i don't have too much time before i have to make up my mind on how the bumper will be installed. thanks in advance.

Senio
ToBimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:28 AM   #2
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Re: installing rieger bumper

I already asked at least 10 different people with this exact question. Do you have the German instructions that the bumper came with? Unfortunately I managed to lose mine. If you have the instructions then you could post them here, and someone would be able to translate them.

I am still trying to figure out what the bloody rivets are for. I also have a feeling that the bumper is glued at the top/front with the supplied adhesive since there is absolutely no brakets included with the kit.

SL

Quote:
Originally posted by ToBimer
i took my car to the body shop to get my rieger bumper installed. thay are having difficulty mounting the bumper. thay are thinking of bolting the top to the piece where the kidneys are. on each side there are slots to side the bumper in , but along the front the is nothing. does anybody know haw this bumper is supposed to be properly installed? if so can u please reply asap as i don't have too much time before i have to make up my mind on how the bumper will be installed. thanks in advance.

Senio

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
T-spec
6th Gear Member

To mount almost any aftermarket bumper you'll have to fabricate your own brackets. These are how I did mine for the siedl front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brakes 145.jpg (39.6 KB, 191 views)
Old 06-18-2003, 01:31 AM   #4
ToBimer
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys,
i through my instructions out becase i did think it would be a big problem and also because the diagrams went very useful.

T-spec thanks for the pic. do u have any more? i still can't see how u bolted it down. are those just brackets there to support the wiegt of the bumper or does it acutually provide a place to bolt the bumper to.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #5
T-spec
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ToBimer
thanks guys,
i through my instructions out becase i did think it would be a big problem and also because the diagrams went very useful.

T-spec thanks for the pic. do u have any more? i still can't see how u bolted it down. are those just brackets there to support the wiegt of the bumper or does it acutually provide a place to bolt the bumper to.
Yeah, you actually bolt the bumper to them, they are all drilled and threaded and the bumper is drilled in the same spots, then you just screw them together with stainless screws.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:41 PM   #6
WASABI
OG

Are you guys sure it doesn't come with the mounting brackets? Most of the shops that I asked said it (Rieger Infinity I kit) came with everything you need to install it, one particular shop (MMS Tuning) even had pictures of the mounting parts, like plastic sliders for the sides, some sort of glue, and some screws.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:52 PM   #7
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Well the bumper has
2 slider blackets on the sides
and comes with a bunch of hardware:

6-8 screws for the bottom,
mesh
glue
about 16 rivets
a couple more screws.
some kind of cleaner bottle
a set of German instructions(don't have those)

That's about it.

SL

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
Are you guys sure it doesn't come with the mounting brackets? Most of the shops that I asked said it (Rieger Infinity I kit) came with everything you need to install it, one particular shop (MMS Tuning) even had pictures of the mounting parts, like plastic sliders for the sides, some sort of glue, and some screws.

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:49 PM   #8
ToBimer
3rd Gear Member

KIRASIR,
u got more than me. mine came with no glue or cleaner. my body shop is installing the bumper tomorow, i left it in their hands so hopefully it turns out good. i'll let u know.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:22 AM   #9
Evo 325i M3
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
one particular shop (MMS Tuning) even had pictures of the mounting parts, like plastic sliders for the sides, some sort of glue, and some screws.
first, to answer your question on the rieger kit, with the majority of the new ones, you totally lose the front bumper and replace it with a metal U bracket - the sides of the front apron are then bolted to the front portion of your wheel well and the top of the kit is adheared or bolted to the metal bracket - that's how i did mine cuz we tried it with the front bumper, but my bodyshop (BodyWerks) chopped the bumper up so much it just came apart, so basically, lose it and you'll be fine. just obviously, this reduces your car from a 25mph front collision to a 5 - but that's like standard with all new hondas and stuff

and secondly
MMS tuning sucks - i had no help from them whatsoever when installing my kit because we couldn't figure out how to get it on the bumper - finally, i took it to bodywerks and they just did what i described before. and when i origionally ordered a kit from MMS, then sent be a broken fiberglass one (because i first bought the e36 replica front). the front was cracked!!! and they wouldn't replace it!!! so finally, after arguing for like a month, i paid an assload, got the kit sent back, and he sent me the e46 one...i don't want to have to deal through them ever again!!!
Evo 325i M3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: