Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-19-2003, 02:04 PM   #16
msifashion
2nd Gear Member

I know, I'm getting a deal on a set of new Zeo 18's for only $500. So I can't pass it up, but they are +42 offset. To me it seems that getting a round aluminum disk made at a local shop is going to be cheaper than buying name brand spacers. The holes I can drill myself because on *real* spacers the holes aren't threaded anyway. I know it sounds skeptical but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. And about the pipes on the lugs, maybe it's not too good of an idea, me and my uncle used to do that to our Banshees, but maybe not so good for a bimmer.
msifashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:20 PM   #17
Albertae30
3rd Gear Member

ok here is the difference you can get just normal spacers that you could make or you can get hub centric. hub centric are the real good way to go the best way and the only way in my mind. sure any one could take a piece of aluminum and drill holes in it and make it work. But think of why they make the other ones there must be a reason maybe cause the other ones non hubcentric are not very safe dude save your bucks and do it right i have seen these things go for like 150 bones so geesh just wait.
Albertae30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:13 PM   #18
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

if you get et42 wheels, you can get away with just a 8mm spacer(with are like 10 bucks a piece). it wont fill out the archs but it shouldnt rub. i believe that is the exact set up CARLO had on his e30, with a 60mm drop too
Old 06-20-2003, 09:48 PM   #19
Muffles
1st Gear Newbie

if you need spacers and you don't get hub centric ones you'll more than likely have to put up with vibration (as though your wheels are unbalanced) at higher speed - i don't know if a small spacer will allow you to get away with it - i guess it might as the hub might stick through the spacer enough for the wheel to hook on it - but you don't get much space, maybe 10mm, i dunno (so a 10mm spacer will completely cover it)
Muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:49 PM   #20
Muffles
1st Gear Newbie

p.s. if anyone says anything about the offset being wrong and causing incorrect tyre wear and all sorts - i had some et35 wheels once, which i had for 3 years and the tyre wear was strangely even - normal offset is recommended at 15-25 i think
Muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 03:15 AM   #21
msifashion
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffles
if you need spacers and you don't get hub centric ones you'll more than likely have to put up with vibration (as though your wheels are unbalanced) at higher speed - i don't know if a small spacer will allow you to get away with it - i guess it might as the hub might stick through the spacer enough for the wheel to hook on it - but you don't get much space, maybe 10mm, i dunno (so a 10mm spacer will completely cover it)
I've thought about this, yeah. But on my e30 the lugs aren't fixed on the hub so if i wanted a 20mm spacer all I would have to do is get longer lugs.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:16 AM   #22
msifashion
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffles
p.s. if anyone says anything about the offset being wrong and causing incorrect tyre wear and all sorts - i had some et35 wheels once, which i had for 3 years and the tyre wear was strangely even - normal offset is recommended at 15-25 i think
yeah my wheels are et36 right now and the wear is normal.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:19 AM   #23
msifashion
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
if you get et42 wheels, you can get away with just a 8mm spacer(with are like 10 bucks a piece). it wont fill out the archs but it shouldnt rub. i believe that is the exact set up CARLO had on his e30, with a 60mm drop too
is this on 7 in. wide wheels, or 7.5, or 8... or does that even matter?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: