Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
dbworld4k

Cool Picked up a new daily workhorse E90.

Having owned an E90 328i 6MT RWD in the past, I'm ecstatic to say I am back in another E90 328i 6MT RWD! I've been searching for a nice, fun, yet reliable/cheap to maintain daily and was just looking for an E46 325i 6MT RWD that wasn't rusted to shit with 250,000km and/or outrageously priced. In the midst of that search, luck was on my side and I came across this one and a desperate seller.

I firmly believe everyone needs to own an E90 6MT 328i RWD at some point. They are so agile and fun to drive, they have just enough tech for a modern car to keep you happy, rather inexpensive to maintain/repair, and with the LCI they still look fresh. Oh and the epic fuel economy doesn't hurt either I've been averaging 9.2L/100KM (27 MPG) on this little thing! Compared to the S65's insatiable thirst, this is a very welcome change

Any who, onto the details!

2009 328i
Space Gray on Black Dakota leather
6MT RWD
Logic 7
PDC
Satellite Radio
Comfort Access
Sport package
Premium Package
Cold Weather package

Interestingly this one has a black headliner and High Gloss Shadowline trim. Decoding the VIN also shows it has M Sports suspension. Turns out in Canada, Sports Package consists of these perks! All I need are M Sport bumpers and it will be just like my previous 328i, lol.

First order of business was to remove front seats, all interior trim, and vacuum + shampoo all carpeting and remove all grit and grime and liquid stains. I also replaced the driver's door rubber seal as it was torn. I wrapped the interior trim in gloss black vinyl because **** wood trim. The start/stop button had the typical peeling trim and I wanted to order a new one but I figured I'd attempt a DIY fix first; I sanded off the peeling rubber surround and painted it black. Looks just like new and saved myself $100 . I wish I took before and after photos of all the "refurbishing" on this car.

Then it was time to address some mechanical issues: I replaced all four rotors and pads as they were worn to shit. I have never seen rotors this bad. Cabin filter and air filter were also replaced, although both looked as if they'd been recently done. I hate the US N52 airbox! I can see why many of you get the euro one.

Now that she drive's like a BMW should, it was time to make her look like a BMW should. Here are some photos ater a wash and one coat of carnauba wax and sealant:

M3 creepin'

I've added F30 style slip-on pedals (best $30 ever! So much more convenient than drilling), 35% Llumar ceramic tint so far. New steering wheel + trim, new side marker lenses, wipers, floor mats are all on the way.

Planned mods aren't much: just OEM 19s (Style 269s waiting to be refinished). Next up will be: OE splitters + trunk lip, and perhaps Koni + Eibach in Spring 2017.

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
...looking for an E46 325i 6MT RWD that wasn't rusted to shit with 250,000km and/or outrageously priced. .
You were looking for something that didn't exist. Anyways the E90 is a much better pickup.

Waiting to see how long this one lasts .
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
dbworld4k

Picked up a new daily workhorse E90.

I didn't mind the typical fender well rusts, but when people are asking $6k for those cars with rust on every fender and broken sunroofs and 250k, that's just plain silly. That's early E90 pricing!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I didn't mind the typical fender well rusts, but when people are asking $6k for those cars with rust on every fender and broken sunroofs and 250k, that's just plain silly. That's early E90 pricing!
I meant no E46 325i came with a 6MT stock, but that too.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I meant no E46 325i came with a 6MT stock, but that too.
LOL!

Old 09-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Very nice.

I've definitely been enjoying my 330i sedan over the past year, great car!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
Blackedout95
6th Gear Member

Looks good, mind you the water pump, battery, alt., starter, VCG ahhhh etc all wear twice as fast as an E46 but it's worth it to some.

Really though clean looking car!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #8
Seyar
4th Gear Member

Car looks good but am I the only that noticed the Christmas lights this early or you guys leave them on all year round?

INTERLAGOS E36
Seyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyar View Post
Car looks good but am I the only that noticed the Christmas lights this early or you guys leave them on all year round?
anuk put them up to celebrate bringing his 37th bmw home

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #10
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Very nice.

I've definitely been enjoying my 330i sedan over the past year, great car!
Man I love that motor in the 330i. It pulls just like an S52!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Looks good, mind you the water pump, battery, alt., starter, VCG ahhhh etc all wear twice as fast as an E46 but it's worth it to some.

Really though clean looking car!
Nah. I've had 3 very high mileage E9X cars, other than the water pump being the pricy repair, they don't go through many other parts. Not even close. Like any other 3 series before it, they do suffer from the typical BMW gasket leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyar View Post
Goddamnit I knew someone would notice that. It's a Brampton tradition to leave up XMas lights year-round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
45th. Get your facts straight.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #11
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
The best part about that? I think the one Mercedes he had as a winter beater might have been the fastest of all.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #12
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
The best part about that? I think the one Mercedes he had as a winter beater might have been the fastest of all.
Not might - definitely! That engine was such a monster, too bad everything else about the car sucks.

Good times!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

i cant decide if i like the colour of the e90. i know i dont like the colour of the benz

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #14
dbworld4k

I hate monotones yet I now own two of them...

But to be honest, after a good coat of wax the Space Gray is seriously growing on me. It has a lot of depth and shine to it. Sort of like black but without looking dirty after ten seconds outdoors And much more reflectivity than white.

It helps that I can fly under anyone's radar. A four door gray E90 is so harmless looking lol.

Space Gray also works very well to compliment the two-tone grey+polished finish on these Style 269s wheels I put on:

BTW am I getting old or is silver starting to look good now, too? I rarely see a silver new-model BMW on the road. Everything is white/gray/black/Estoril Blue. Saw a silver F30 Sport the other day and I gotta admit it looked nice!

Last edited by dbworld4k; 09-23-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #15
propr'one
op sucks cock

i wish my m3 was any colour other than silver. it is the worst colour after phoenix yellow

i'm really getting into e90 wheels, never really looked at them before. got a set of 220m off razkal for the M3 and they look great

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: