Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
stueyyy
Strives for Success

2x 255/35R-18, 1x 225/40R-18 Potenza RE050A

Hello Everyone,

I am selling three (3) BMW-spec Bridgestone RE050A RFT (run-flat) tires. They are the same size as the staggered setup on an E90 (will fit E82 as well).

I have two (2) basically new 255/35R-18 tires. They are 90-95% tread. I just put them on less than two months ago. The other tire I'm including is one (1) sized 225/40R-18, which is a bit older and more worn, but would pass safety (ie. if you need it for a lease return).

Reason for selling, I hit a nasty construction pothole downtown late on Saturday, and instead of shelling ~$350 pls tax at the closest tire place to replace the single RFT, I decided to replace all four with non-RFTs.

I'd like $500 for all three tires, but I'm open to offers for a quick sale over PM. I am located near 407 and Bayview, but contact me if you're interested and we can work a meet out.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
windwagen
6th Gear Member

You know....you can make a claim with the city for damage from he pothole.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
stueyyy
Strives for Success

Windwagen, been there done that before. I had a similar incident in the winter with a bulge in one of my tires and filed a pretty extensive claim with pictures and evidence showing where the city failed to meet the standards in the law. However, it's an adjuster in Mississauga that handles the claims and while she was ready to give me the money, she wanted an invoice proving the age of the bad tire. Since I had bought the tire second hand (off here actually), the seller did not have an invoice and the DOT date doesn't suggest road mileage, there was no way for me to prove the age of the tire. I could've gone to small claims court with the evidence I had, but I didn't think it was worth the effort over $200.

This situation is a bit different. The tires came with the car, so I'm not sure how they view that. I'm also concerned there may be suspension damage that I can't see, and likely can't claim.

We would avoid all this if they actually inspected the roads and blocked off (if they can't repair right away) road hazards like the law says they are supposed to.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Hi Stuey

I just submit the receipts for repair. I gotta get it fixed regardless so the claim is bonus. Last time I did this, it took forever but the people that handle s the claims were helpful and friendly. I claimed repairs to two wheels and an alignment/inspection.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
stueyyy
Strives for Success

Two rears are SOLD, just the 225/40R-18 tire left. Make an offer.

Tags
e90, re050a, rft, runflat, tires

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: