Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Who here is a landlord?

I need advice! please speak up if you know something about this topic!
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Nothing but problems! Did about everything, including court, police, etc, even F#ked by people who were "friends". Bottom line, unless you have a LOT of time to deal with it, its just not worth it...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

I have an issue where my tenant owed me rent back in September and was unable to pay the month... she said she would pay me back...
Moving on she paid me the following months... (sometimes a few days late.... because she was going through some stuff, like a cancer scare/chemo) I was a nice person.

(ps her rent is due every 15th)
So this april comes and she does not pay me, she says you will have it end of the month.
No money from her... may 15th rolls around, no money for either month so that's now 3 months that she is behind and I am fed up.
Her last message was "I don't have it and i don't know when ill have it"

Very "Not giving a **** attitude" to say the least.
So i drop her the N4 last monday through the door telling her that in 14 days (which will be this monday the 9th) she has to either move out or pay up the rent, otherwise i have to take it to the board.

So i decide to text her yesterday and ask like... "i take it you read the notice?"
... no reply
today i go "??"
she says "what letter? I'm in chicago , im back on monday. talk then"

The funny part is that monday is the day that she has to pay up or leave...
Also i drive by her work sometimes and i have seen her there (I'm pretty sure) but im going to go tomorrow and pass by to see if she is lying which she most likely is...

Is she trying to find a loop hole with this "oh i wasnt aware of the letter bullshit?"
Old 06-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Arash
6th Gear Member

My advice is get a paralegal and start court proceedings right away. It sounds like you're going to have problems getting this person to move out
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Arash
6th Gear Member

I've been there myself, helped tenants out with payments etc. unfortunately many out there view it as a sign of weakness and try to get more out of you. Next time drop the N4 right away and keep the relationship on a professional level. It's best to have a 'buddy' act as a property manager to do the dirty work for you.

Good luck
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
dcramer
5th Gear Member

what he said ^^^ sooner is better. If the tenant knows what they are doing you will be in trouble. No way to move one out that knows the law
Old 06-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

I have experience..

This is what CAN happen, you take her before as rental tribunal, if she suddenly has funds owed you all is forgiven and she stays, end of story. Just because you can fill out a form and think they will or have to comply is not true in all cases.

Good luck, hope she doesn't have the funds and the tribunal agrees she be removed.

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/STEL02_111286.html

Last edited by Blackedout95; 06-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #8
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Can you "pretend" to sell that property and set a sold date If not out by xxx movers will be here to remove all property?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

I guess like any biz its usefull to have a float for unexpected expenses like d-bags not paying & it taking 3-6 months to get em out
Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #10
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Can you "pretend" to sell that property and set a sold date If not out by xxx movers will be here to remove all property?
I would never recommend that, never. I have heard of some owners asking a tenant of a home to leave because THEY were moving in, that is legal, how long you move in is up to you lol However again I do not recommend lying, you could end up paying for that.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Ya, if they take you in front of the tribunal you will have to prove that you are moving in.

I have used the "I need to do work in the house" fortunately the guy moved out. I was lucky. I happened to see the guys lawyer at the tribunal some time later. Apparently he wasn't going to be tricked twice.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

man that really sucks alp white.

not much more to be added here other what was already said.. the tenant board website has all the info.

my parents have tennants, thankfully theyve been great.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #13
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Business is business. Serve papers on day two of non-payment. Courts tend to side with tenants unfortunately. My dad got burned by being nice. Harder to get them out if in Winter months too.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #14
damameke
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the information, I am a new landlord, I
rented out my condo in April at Sq One to a retired
couple, so far rent is on time.

To OP, hope you have your issue resolved.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Well thanks for the input...
Arash - You can't just start court proceedings unless she has moved OUT & not paid you.

Anyways the way we originally set up payments back then was every 15th (kind of odd the way we did it)
But she moved in on april 15th 2012... payed half the months rent to live there till the end of the month

Then every 15th she would pay me full rent amount.
Anyways i didn't put this correctly on the N4 that i gave to her; and today when i went to the board to set up a hearing, they didn't accept it and I have to start over and again!!!!
(I put that she owed me for example (1st of april to the end of the month) because thats kind of what i considered her payment.

So today I wrote it up again and dropped it off through the mail. Now i have to wait another 14 days before i can go to the board... Sigh.

I don't really care about the kicking her out part as i'm planning to move there in september anyways, so i can apply for that. I just don't want to be paying anyone rent and want my money back!

Last edited by AlpWhitE46; 06-10-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: