Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #61
bmwwagon
1st Gear Newbie

if i could up vote your post Blackedout95 i would
bmwwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #62
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Thank you, fact is I am not bias in any way, people are free to believe what they want and I am ok with that.

It is when their beliefs become harmful or hurtful to others that bothers me, no matter the religion or decision to be atheist.

Sadly it seems very few God fearing people no matter the religion, practice what they preach. Christian's/Catholic's, Muslim's, Jew's etc. I am not saying their actions equate to a false religion, certainly not, I believe in one myself but imagine a world where all of these religion's practiced exactly what they preached.

It is apparent now to me as an adult that the religious belief of most people now is merely an excuse to harm and hurt other's, sad. From Christians waving sign's saying God Hates Homosexuals to Muslim's saying Death to This or That Country or Person's. Very rarely do we see signs of Love, Acceptance, Forgiveness etc.

You know, what the reason for a God is actually for.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 05-26-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #63
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Blackedout95

Having faith in something beyond your 5 senses, a creator/god, eternal life/energy should not be confused with human nature. Unfortunately some people will twist religion, information, whatever they can in an effort to gain power and control.

Plenty of good in the world if you don't get caught up in corruption and stay vigilant, kind of makes you wonder if a "God" really came first.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #64
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

I agree, our human nature is not entirely good and we see that on a daily basis all around the world. That is why when people say I am representative of religion X and go on to behave in a bad way you have to wonder if they are simply using the religion as an excuse to hate.

Rather than associating Christianity/Catholicism/Muslims/Judaism etc with love, acceptance and all that good stuff we immediately think who hates what and who wishes to kill whom. That is NOT the way it should be and all involved should be ashamed of using their religion for that purpose. That pretty much sums it up for me personally, instead we should think of what each is good for and how each is willing to accept or adopt us because they care about humanity...as they are told to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: