Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #46
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,107


Is that 100% the flyer he was handing out?

If so it is quite sickening, personally I do not care what someone's beliefs are (within reason of course), they are never a reason to attack someone or promote hate.
__________________
E46
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #47
Shuks
2nd Gear Member
 
Shuks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mississauga
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:
Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years

https://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religio...ri/062-sbt.php

As salamu aleiykum, moron
Pawned!!!

It's scary how touchy and hush-hush the world has become on this topic. Let the man say whatever he wants. It's a free country...

Now, if someone decided to express his opinion like that in any Islamic country
we all know what would happen!
Shuks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #48
Slowered318
Reform Luddite
 
Slowered318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,066
Great pic Ivan! With all that pedophile talk it's nice to see someone of seemingly legal age.

I'm a little shocked the Crown would dish out 9 months for dressing up and drawing offensive pictures in public, sounds more like a heckle then hate speech? Realistically speaking all summer Toronto is full of behavior that could be viewed as offensive, everything from exhibitionism at LGBT parades and caribana to protest with very graphic pictures and messages. I always thought we were a society that tolerates personal expression (ignorance in some cases) in order to uphold freedom of speech and beliefs.

I hope in the hearts of the Muslim community you feel comfort from harassment and prejudice but don't vaunt over this man's punishment. Maybe I will see you all waving a flag with pride and drinking a Timmie's on Canada Day.
__________________
I have a few e30 parts for sale, updated often, discounts for local pickup/delivery. Check out my eBay account for details.

Last edited by Slowered318; 05-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #49
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
I love how far off topic this got. For those defending this attention seeking troll, he had been caught earlier for interrupting a police funeral:

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/972...d-judge-rules/

I think ^that^ ruling is a slippery slope.




It is funny he claims to be all about freedom but goes out of his way to attack those women wearing the hijab, talk about some twisted logic.. also "they are here and breeding"??? you're seriously defending this troll? This is sad.. but eye opening
I don't think anyone is saying he's not a ****ed up individual, I fully admit he is. I have a problem with being handed a prison sentence for showing a few mockery cartoons. I guess you could see it as a three-strikes ruling where someone goes away for life for stealing a pack of gum.

I'm actually a fan of America's freedom of speech laws, however heinous the message they carry may be.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #50
Bimmer328
1st Gear Newbie
 
Bimmer328's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Just hopping over from E46fanatics to a local Canadian forum. I have viewed this whole thread and I thought the guys on e46fanatics were horrible with their opinions, but you guys took it from some dude who got punished for his terrible joke on Islam to being a bunch of ignorant fools yourself. What are we really living in America now? This is Canada. Freedom of speech is great, but poking fun at someone's beliefs, however twisted you may think they are, is not anyones cup of tea. You are going to have people pissed off, and the man was given the sentence he deserved. I believe in Jesus and feel offended when I see his cartoons all over poking fun at him sometimes. Now why was the sentence 9 months? Well none of us here are professional lawyers so we can't say the sentence was either wrong or right. This is a BMW forum and a thread like this should not have been posted on here in the first place. Its meaningless. Just creates arguments and hatred. I'm sure no one got anything out of this thread, except venting out your personal frustration or psychological issues. I just wanted to post about being a new member but this thread caught my eye, and these 4 pages of readings were sickening, to say the least. Let's just all get along and let God (or whatever you believe) be the judge of our actions. At least we can all agree that we will ALL WILL die one day and what happens after is where we start to differ. Have fun and make the most out of your short stay on this earth. Now can someone please help me with my 2000 BMW 328i OBC button? or should I post somewhere else? Cheers everyone !
Bimmer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #51
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer328 View Post
What are we really living in America now? This is Canada. Freedom of speech is great, but poking fun at someone's beliefs, however twisted you may think they are, is not anyones cup of tea. You are going to have people pissed off, and the man was given the sentence he deserved.
Nevermind that groups have gotten together to pass along messages of hate, calling for the heads of those that have insulted them without any reprimand whatsoever. Target the lone individual, he'll go down easier.

Your intentions are great, but in theory they do not work. You've got your head in the sand.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #52
Bimmer328
1st Gear Newbie
 
Bimmer328's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Nevermind that groups have gotten together to pass along messages of hate, calling for the heads of those that have insulted them without any reprimand whatsoever. Target the lone individual, he'll go down easier.

Your intentions are great, but in theory they do not work. You've got your head in the sand.
Look, all I'm saying is on a BMW forum its completely bonkers to post a thread of this subject matter. Like who cares ? And I don't intend to say that I personally feel he got the sentence he deserved, but rather pointing towards the lawyers and judges who gave him that duration of punishment in the first place. If that's what they thought deemed fit his "crime" then so be it. Who are we to fight and discuss what should have happened with him or not ? It just turned into a holy war in here with a couple of Muslim members and others, yet no conclusion came about from it except that now everyone hates each other, and that some of us have facts about Islam confirmed by the internet as the main source. So Muslims are paedophiles, Christians are child molesters, Jews are cheap, Hindu's believe in weird looking creatures, Sikhs have hair problems...and what else do we have to say about our wonderful country and its various multi-cultured people? America isn't it? Wait a go !! Let's just keep this forum for BMW and everything to do with BMW. Those that believe, let them believe, and if you disagree then they should also shut up and let you disagree. Its not about having my head in the sand, I'm new here to this forum and just didn't like this discussion thread on a BMW forum, it serves no purpose. I'm nobody to take charge of a situation but close this thread and let's move on with our lives. Amazing as to what an extent people will argue online to prove their point. Let's keep our internal hatred to ourselves. Can't believe we're writing on a BMW forum. I've got an OBC issue to fix, and I need help. So help?
Bimmer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #53
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
This is the off topic section, it's entirely relevant.

We as citizens SHOULD be calling into question the punishments handed down by the crown. Blinding accepting what they dish out is what a fascist state would want.

I do not hate anyone based on their religious affiliations, I do have some distaste for individuals for their personal choices. There are horrible atheists and wonderful Muslims, do not paint me as a simple minded bigot.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #54
Bimmer328
1st Gear Newbie
 
Bimmer328's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4
Ok fair enough. Now that you put it that way, it makes much more sense. Anyhow, case closed. I'm new here and want to know where I can post. I can't find a DIY for the OBC button fix on e46fanatics or here. You can be the first one to help me
Bimmer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #55
Murchie
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuks View Post
Pawned!!!

It's scary how touchy and hush-hush the world has become on this topic. Let the man say whatever he wants. It's a free country...

Now, if someone decided to express his opinion like that in any Islamic country
we all know what would happen!
Its amazing, you side with a an idiot that refers to another religions prophet as a paedophile. Quite the intelligent crowd here. You know, once GOD has blindfolded a person there's nothing that can be done to lift that. He will never be able to see the light and its clear this has already happened. You know who you are.

Yes, he would be hanged in Saudi Arabia. I agree to freedom of speech, but you cant say what you want wherever you want. He crossed that fine line, and there's a reason this lunatic was sentenced to 9 months.
__________________
Supercharged E36 M3 - SOLD
Murchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #56
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murchie View Post
Its amazing, you side with a an idiot that refers to another religions prophet as a paedophile.
An idiot who can quote the very book which you hold so dearly which confirms he ****ed a 9 year old girl. You're right though, he wasn't a pedophile...he did it strictly because Allah commanded him to do so.

Refute my post and tell me why it's wrong. You claimed I'm ignorant, I verified my claim with quotes from your own holy book. It seems as though YOU'RE the one who needs to read up on his own religion, typical theist.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 AM   #57
Murchie
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 203
You still an idiot and full of arrogance. I will do this one last time. Let me educate you again. There are a few well known scholars in Islam. The quote you mentioned was stated by only one scholar Hisham bin Urwah. Since only one scholar mentioned this it is not considered to be authentic.In general, a Hadith has more credibility if it is narrated by more people independently from diverse chains of narrators.* In this case, there is basically only one source.

I'll say this for the last time. Islam is a peaceful religion which teaches its followers to be kind and to respect others. You're making this very difficult for me by calling the most beloved of man I.e. Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) a paedophile. You're nowhere the man he is and never will be. Not even an atoms worth. I will not reply to anymore posts until your pathetic self stops labelling my prophet as you see fit.
__________________
Supercharged E36 M3 - SOLD
Murchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #58
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Not considered by who, yourself? While you may willfully turn a blind eye, what I've stated is found to be true on nearly every Islamic resource I could fact check it on. You may have been taught differently, my parents sometimes kept secrets from me for my own good too. I'm sorry I had to break this to you.

I'm arrogant because in this instance, I'm right and you entered this thread incapable of understanding simple nuances of this man's motives. You made yourself out to be a dogmatic simpleton who thought I'd agree with you that posting an image of a someone I don't even believe to have existed next to pork is morally wrong.

How many times are you going to claim to not reply only to come crawling back?
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #59
Shuks
2nd Gear Member
 
Shuks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mississauga
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murchie View Post
Its amazing, you side with a an idiot that refers to another religions prophet as a paedophile. Quite the intelligent crowd here. You know, once GOD has blindfolded a person there's nothing that can be done to lift that. He will never be able to see the light and its clear this has already happened. You know who you are.

Yes, he would be hanged in Saudi Arabia. I agree to freedom of speech, but you cant say what you want wherever you want. He crossed that fine line, and there's a reason this lunatic was sentenced to 9 months.
I side with him because he is offering sound arguments backed up by solid evidence...You come back and right away dismiss his effort/and the scholar's effort. There are many other hadiths narrated by only one scholar. Your argument implies those are invalid or questionable as well?

And stop calling Islam a religion of peace! It's not. You need only visit ANY religious place of worship from Gibraltar to East India to see how Islam brought peace for ~700-800 years. I can post pictures if you want.
Shuks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #60
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,107
Murchie, you stated the following
Quote:
Islam is a peaceful religion which teaches its followers to be kind and to respect others
I would hoped you had been an example of this in the thread but by name calling and becoming upset with others it only enforces the stereotype of violence and Muslims. It also makes your words carry little power.

Further more you state
Quote:
Its amazing, you side with a an idiot that refers to another religions prophet as a paedophile. Quite the intelligent crowd here.
What it sounds like is you are saying if a group of people hold one man to be a prophet he is then exempt from the law and anyone who judges his actions is an idiot. You cannot believe this yourself, you are merely protecting your prophet but on a logical level you cannot agree a man who heads ANY religion that sleeps with a 9 year old is exempt from the law. If that were the case then cult leaders, Warren Jeffs etc are all innocent men.

All you should simply say is you disagree and no more because your words are both hypocritical and frankly unbelievable.
__________________
E46

Last edited by Blackedout95; 05-25-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015