Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

It's 'Draw Prophet Mohammed Day' in Toronto

-
'was recently sentenced to 9 months in jail for handing out a flyer that “vilified Muslims and disparages their religion,”
in the words of Ontario court Judge S. Ford Clements.'

Quote:
Anti-Islamist Eric Brazau has helped turn May 20 into "the Day for Drawing the Prophet Mohammed" in Toronto. The tradition began shortly after the Danish cartoon firestorm in 2005 – when a Danish newspaper published depictions of Mohammed that led to violent protests worldwide.

The person who initiated the Candian event, Molly Norris, had to go underground because of threats against her life, but Brazau is carrying on the tradition.

According to Shalom Toronto, the latest trouble was instigated by Brazau when he dressed up as a Muslim imam in downtown Toronto and encouraged passersby to draw Mohammed with the help of an easel, a canvas, some paint and paintbrushes.

Soon, he found himself surrounded by angry, shouting Muslims.

He showed his newly gathered audience various depictions of Mohammed, including one in which Mohammed is depicted as a baby whining that his feelings were hurt. In another, Mohammed's head is seen next to a package of pork, and in a third, he is drawn next to a little girl who is his wife.

Brazau eventually had to leave the spot when police insisted that he do so.

Brazau was recently sentenced to 9 months in jail for handing out a flyer that “vilified Muslims and disparages their religion,” in the words of Ontario court Judge S. Ford Clements. On another occasion, he acted the part of a Muslim man who beats his wife in accordance with sharia law.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/180872
also, in the uk: Quoting Winston Churchill Deemed Illegal In Britain
http://www.westernjournalism.com/quo...OEKpKhwrre2.99
Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Ridiculousness.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Murchie
2nd Gear Member

The judge made a good call. I am Muslim, and certainly don't want anyone trying to draw the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) as Islam does not allow this. Furthermore, it shows how smart this guy is. Why would he go and place his drawing whom he claims to be the Prophet next to a package of pork. I'm sure alot of people are aware that pork is not permissible to consume in Islam, so clearly this guy is out to cause trouble.

And the beating of a woman in Islam is forbidden. He actually got of easy with a 9 month sentence.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

^ we are supposed to have 'freedom of expression' in Canada. so whether he was wise to do what he did, 9 months in jail seems a tad Harsh, especially when one compares it to stuff like this:

Dad gets two months in jail for slap that killed daughter

A father will serve 60 days in jail for a slap that killed his teenage daughter.

Moussa Sidime, 74, says he just wanted to correct 13-year-old Noutene for doing a bad job of washing the kitchen floor

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/05/21/...illed-daughter

and they also (as mentioned above) arrested a guy in the uk for quoting Churchill...........
Old 05-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #5
Arash
6th Gear Member

I understand freedom of speech and all but some people definitely take it to the next level. He deserves what he got for being a troll
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murchie View Post
The judge made a good call. I am Muslim, and certainly don't want anyone trying to draw the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) as Islam does not allow this.
Are you serious? Do you honestly believe that anyone drawing pictures of Muhammad deserves 9 month in jail?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The judge made a good call. I am Muslim, and certainly don't want anyone trying to draw the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) as Islam does not allow this. Furthermore, it shows how smart this guy is. Why would he go and place his drawing whom he claims to be the Prophet next to a package of pork. I'm sure alot of people are aware that pork is not permissible to consume in Islam, so clearly this guy is out to cause trouble.

And the beating of a woman in Islam is forbidden. He actually got of easy with a 9 month sentence.
Should I be jailed as well? While I don't condone hate, implying the following is worthy of jail time shows how primitive your rational is. Canada will NOT become a haven of extremist ideals and a terrified PC government like the UK currently is, and incarceration for non-compliance with religious practices most certainly is extremism.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mu.png (6.1 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by calegrant; 05-23-2014 at 12:06 AM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

It's 'Draw Prophet Mohammed Day' in Toronto

^ I LOL'd. Well played.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Murchie
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Are you serious? Do you honestly believe that anyone drawing pictures of Muhammad deserves 9 month in jail?
He can draw all the pictures he wants. What i am saying is, the fact that he took this to the streets and deliberately placing those pictures next to pork is calling for trouble. He deserved those 9 months.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #10
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
calling for trouble =/ being jailed. i used to wear a shirt that said "**** cops" around. That is calling for trouble, but i never got arrested for it.

this guy is a piece of shit but his detention does not seem lawful to me.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
Murchie
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Should I be jailed as well? While I don't condone hate, implying the following is worthy of jail time shows how primitive your rational is. Canada will NOT become a haven of extremist ideals and a terrified PC government like the UK currently is, and incarceration for non-compliance with religious practices most certainly is extremism.
You guys seem to be missing the point here. As i mentioned earlier, draw all the pics you want but once you take it to the next step then that's unacceptable.
What you do privately is your own business, but calling upon the entire city to do this is just idiotic. He clearly knew pork is not permissible in Islam, so why go there? This guy is clearly sick and needs help.

How is this extremist? Go utter words of hate about the queen downtown and see how well that goes. Come on man, it's common sense and you clearly lack that.

We need to live in harmony with each other, and respect other religions and their beliefs. And about your drawing, you are very ignorant to say the least!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i could say that being muslim, or christian, or any other religion is "ignorant" because it asks you to put faith in scripture instead of reason, science & rational thought.

ignorance is not a crime. being stupid is not a crime. free speech is free speech. we don't get to pick and choose what's free speech and what's not.

I dont like it but i dont think what this person did is illegal. he was probably charged with a "hate crime" but there is no violence or harassment, which makes this complicated.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #13
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
He can draw all the pictures he wants. What i am saying is, the fact that he took this to the streets and deliberately placing those pictures next to pork is calling for trouble. He deserved those 9 months.
What he did wasn't right and he was asking for trouble but I think 9 months is a bit much .. he definitely deserved jail time but I can guarantee you that if someone dressed up as Jesus and handed out wafers would not go to jail.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
We need to ... respect other religions and their beliefs.
I'll let Patton Oswalt say it for me: "you have to acknowledge everyone's beliefs, and then reserve the right to say 'that is ****ing stupid, are you kidding me?' "

Old 05-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #15
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

The man clearly did something that is not allowed based on the law that we have as of today and was punished according to the law that we have as of today. Harsh or not is completely irrelevant as it is within the judge's power to chose the sentence based on their experience and judicial guidance (precedence etc).

You guys (those that are debating with Murchie) clearly dont understand what "free speech" is. Free speech is the right to express your opinion without censorship or restraint. Not do as you please...

Free speech is not dressing up as a muslim imam in downtown and asking people on the street to draw the prophet mohammad. Now, I am NOT muslim, but even I would find this offensive because it is equivalent to someone dressing up as a priest and hiring a few 10 year old boys to drop their pants so you can hump their bare asses infront of every church in downtown toronto. THIS IS NOT FREE SPEECH...

If you can't get your facts straight... shut your mouth or else you are just a contributing factor to how stupid we are considered by the rest of the world and how much more "American" we are becoming... Thanks (for nothing to most)

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: