Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
BULL3TPR00F
1st Gear Newbie

Canadian Retailers and Online Stores?

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I've tried searching this forum as well as google but cant seem to find too much out there.

Im looking for Solo Werks S1, 705 Engineering Coilovers, RaceLand Ultimos, or V-Maxx Coilovers for my 1993 E36.

The main question is, where the hell can i buy these in Canada? Preferably any retail stores in the GTA or nearby where i can drop in and pick up a set, or a Canadian website i can order them from (dont want to deal with customs and extra fees).

The only websites ive seen from Canada are:

EuroSport Tuning (they have a warehouse/retail location in Oakville and another in New York.

and

AMI Motorsports (apparently they used to have a location in Barrie then the company was bought over by these guys in Vancouver, and now the original owner bought it back, but don't know if the retail location still exists.)

Do any of you guys know of any other Canadian retailers or websites that i can order these coilovers from?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I hope im not violating any terms by posting links to these sites, if so i do apologize and they can be removed.
BULL3TPR00F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
ex3mal
Weapon M

Did u try jrp?
http://www.jrponline.com/

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi build in progress
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
BULL3TPR00F
1st Gear Newbie

I tired calling them earlier but they wouldn't answer the phone, was waiting on hold for 30 mins, then hung up and called back later and same thing, no one answered.

I didnt want to drive out there for no reason not knowing if they even stock or can get any of those kits.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

Autopartsway.ca has Bilsteins but not the brands you mentioned.

JRP is primarily a distributor, so their prices aren't always the best so as not to undercut the shops they supply. Also not the best customer service. But if you go in person you can usually get them to move a bit I'm willing to bet they have at least one of those kits.

But I would first call one of the area specialty shops like RMP or stance factory. They can probably get one of those in and might throw in a deal for install too.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #5
BULL3TPR00F
1st Gear Newbie

Yeah autopartsway.ca is my main site for stock replacement parts, been using them for years. They dont have much in the way of aftermarket performance though, and im not looking for a serious bilstein setup, this is just to replace my destroyed stock struts, get low, and handle slightly better and more solid. nothing fancy thats why im going for cheap disposable coils.

and im a mechanic so installation is not needed

ive tried calling a few local shops and some can get them but may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
BULL3TPR00F
1st Gear Newbie

Anyone have any other suggestions or know any other good websites?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

There's www.corner73.com (which operates out of the Montreal area I think). They used to be a site sponsor years ago. They don't have the coilovers you're looking for, but do carry Bilstein PSS and PSS9. In the GTA, there's Precision Tuning in Vaughan on Keele St. (another former site sponsor). They don't stock most performance items, but can usually get them on short order.

Last edited by kenmar; 04-24-2014 at 08:26 AM.
kenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
BMW_TECH_24
ON THE GERMAN PIPE

You asked by PM but i figured I would post here for more to see, I got my SoloWerks S1 from the states when I ordered them, cost escapes me right now but somewhere around $600

You can find the contact info for 705 Engineering on Facebook, just search them, also seen them run adds in kijiji with phone #'s.

As for the Raceland and V-Maxx, E-bay is probably your best bet

All of these brands are all over E-bay in and around the same price range, and the wait won't be that long.

However, all of that being said....these brands are all entry level coilover kits which seem to work fine and function well but there are much nicer kits available, just depends what kind of $$$$$ can be shelled out (Moton Motorsports kit for e36 runs about $8000)

If you plan on being lower, looking good and banging a few corners the entry level kits will get the job done, driving the piss out of the car or tracking it at all and the extra money for a decent set of coil overs is well spent.
BMW_TECH_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

If you don't care about ride quality/spring rates/dampening, your money will be well spent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: