Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHair View Post
Big D and DbleTrouble - Excellent stuff. This is the first time I have come across a concise and clear explanation as to what to do with tire pressures for the average joe at a track day. John: this should be part of the regular day 1 in-class discussions, I have never seen this explained particularly well during any school I have attended. I am sure there are lots of newbies running around out there during their first one or two track days / schools with WAY too high pressures (back in the day, myself included)
This past weekend I took the beginner c class and taught them. I made sure this was one of the first things I discussed with the group and it was well received. I will continue to teach the in class as I believe this is very critical of all performance driving and learning.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
JM35
Bimmer Enthusiast

As far as im concerned the Hankook RS3's are better for the track than PSS. In the wet PSS are better, on the street PSS are better but for track RS3's.

The PSS are quieter and smoother and better in the wet which is why people prefer them for the streets.

The RS3's are awesome for the track but they will need to be warmed up first, unlike the PSS.

OEM BMW Parts
JM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #18
2005 bmw m3
2nd Gear Member

Wow, thanks for all the insight. I will definitely utilize this info for my next track weekend in September. I kept on my 19 inch pilot super sports.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
JM35
Bimmer Enthusiast

You just get too much sidewall flex when you run a psi of lower than 35 in my opinion.

OEM BMW Parts
JM35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: