Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #46
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Well then...
no meth dude, on the straits now


and that is pre charger, I'd be fogging post charger
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #47
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
and that is pre charger, I'd be fogging post charger
Pre-compressor injection is a thing...
__________________
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #48
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Pre-compressor injection is a thing...
It's a vacume line, no meth, I'll do cams before that anyway. Just gonna enjoy the power for now, not sure how many e30's in the area are in the 300whp range other then a few turbo cars
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #49
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
It's a vacume line, no meth, I'll do cams before that anyway. Just gonna enjoy the power for now, not sure how many e30's in the area are in the 300whp range other then a few turbo cars
I was only asking because you made a joke about NOS lol.

Yeah, the only E30s making that much power around here are all boosted. Yamahammer's turbo M20 is apparently a monster, I haven't seen it in action, but I've seen it in person and it's definitely built for some serious power. I think it's tuned for something like 350whp, but will make over 500whp if he wants it to.
__________________

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 04-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #50
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
I was only asking because you made a joke about NOS lol.

Yeah, the only E30s making that much power around here are all boosted. Yamahammer's turbo M20 is apparently a monster, I haven't seen it in action, but I've seen it in person and it's definitely built for some serious power. I think it's tuned for something like 350whp, but will make over 500whp if he wants it to.
Be interesting turbo vs S/C dyno graphs, those high hp turbos need to spool up

Not trying to be competitive, I'm just happy to have this car !!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #51
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,741
For sure. Power is nothing if you can't put it to the ground... looking forward to competing against you at the DDT autoslalom
The new track will probably favour your car a lot more than the old track.
__________________
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #52
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,515
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
For sure. Power is nothing if you can't put it to the ground... looking forward to competing against you at the DDT autoslalom
The new track will probably favour your car a lot more than the old track.
Mmmmm... DDT autox I'm putting my 3.73 back in for that pfffttttt HP
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #53
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Might do the bimmercruise one, but not supporting any trillium events at this time.

Forget 3.73, 4.10 for autocross in this will be nuts
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #54
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,515
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Hope you have another pair of rear tires handy!
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #55
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Mmmmm... DDT autox I'm putting my 3.73 back in for that pfffttttt HP
Hopefully ITB sound will make up for lack of HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Forget 3.73, 4.10 for autocross in this will be nuts
I can't picture that combination working well with a supercharged S52... unless you're going to be running 255 slicks in the rear or something... or doing the whole thing in 4th gear...
__________________

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 04-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #56
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,515
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Hopefully ITB sound will make up for lack of HP
Yeeesssssss Sound FTW!

I've got a magnaflow on my car since you've last seen it... Sounds sooooo much better. It's about as characteristic as an M5x will ever get, but still no match for the good ol' M20
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #57
BmW1819
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pickering
Posts: 2,802
i miss my e30 lol thanks rich
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #58
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Hopefully ITB sound will make up for lack of HP



I can't picture that combination working well with a supercharged S52... unless you're going to be running 255 slicks in the rear or something... or doing the whole thing in 4th gear...
Car is running a getrag 260 trans, so the 4.10 won't be that bad, first gear is crazy, but would probley be a 2-3 gear autox in parking lots, 3-4 on track autox

I'm already keeping an eye on track rims and tires, something wider would be nice, also gonna need to roll those arches! Luckily it's got the larger arches as its an early model car.

Got a ssk in the car the other night, and changed the shifter boot to a new black one, and put my weighted momo shift knob in. Small change in look but like it.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #59
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Yeeesssssss Sound FTW!

I've got a magnaflow on my car since you've last seen it... Sounds sooooo much better. It's about as characteristic as an M5x will ever get, but still no match for the good ol' M20
Yes your car does soud good! Mines way to loud when I open it up, I like the old school up pointed tips but they don't help with noise, defiantly need a resonator ( or 2 lol) and different muffler.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #60
bmr999
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 38
Sweet Baby J!
bmr999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.