Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
AshBrar
2nd Gear Member

1994 E36 M3 EuroSpec #25 of 45 For Sale

Hello All,

I sadly am selling my 1994 M3, Eurospec edition, car #25 of 45 imported to North America (Canada only).

MG_9096-2.sized.JPG

Details on the car are as follows:

-1994 Eurospec E36 M3, #25 of 45 imported into Canada, authentic and numbered plaques on Glovebox cover & leather user manual holder

-286 hp 3.0 litre straight six engine with individual throttle bodies, 7400rpm redline

-Car is Dakar Yellow, with Suede & M-sport cloth interior.

-The car can be considered as close to a lightweight as possible – the seats are manual adjustment, it was ordered as a sunroof delete option. Only options are cruise control, center armrest (in suede), CD Changer, and 11-button on board computer

-Everything on the car is in perfect working order, AC blows cold, dual-zone climate control (manual kind not digital) works well, etc

-I am the 3rd owner, it has 110,400 kms. Car was purchased from BMW Dealership in Waterloo (BK Motors), was originally purchased there in 1994, traded back in, second owner purchased it from there as well, and traded it in again before I bought it in March of 2005

-Car is completely stock except for a front strut brace which was on the car when I bought it, and stainless steel braided brake lines that I had installed when I had the Brake fluid changed last year

-Car is in immaculate condition, with absolutely no rust anywhere

-Only high grade Motul synthetic oil has been used, 15w50 in warmer months and 0w40 in colder months

-Car has not been winter driven except on clear, dry, sunny days (of which we had a lot this past “winter”). As far as I understand it, it has been fully stored during all other winters.

-All fluids were drained last year (April) and replaced with high grade Motul products including: Brake fluid (Motul 5.1), Transmission Fluid (Motul Synth ATF), Diff Fluid (Motul BMW Synth Hypoid Fluid), Engine Oil (Motul Synth 15w50), Coolant (BMW OEM fluid), Power Steering (Motul Synth). This service came to a cost of around $1000.

-Oil has been changed thereafter every 8 – 9 K.

-New rear brakes (rotors & pads) were installed in late November of 2005
Front brakes are in good condition and have the euro-spec 2-piece floating rotors.

-Just spent a bundle on oil, water pump, belts, spark plugs, and valve adjustment

-Car has Yokohama AVS Sport summer tires in 235/40/17 on the OEM 17” Double Spoke Alloys. Tires have over 50% tread left and should easily last the summer. Car has a full sized 17" spare with the original Michelin MXX3 tire on it.

-I have all records from when the car was new

The car runs great and has been quite reliable. I drove it over 6000kms to North Carolina and back last May and it ran like a clock. I have put over 22,000kms on it since I bought it in March last year.

I'm asking $29,500 private sale for it. I have put a lot of money into it and so I think the price is within reason. Please don't hesitate to contact me for further details.

Thanks
Ash
AshBrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Desisuperman
4th Gear Member

you just had it for over a year , how come yoru sellign so quickly? any more interior/exterior pics?

01 540i-M 6spd
Desisuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
AshBrar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desisuperman
you just had it for over a year , how come yoru sellign so quickly? any more interior/exterior pics?
Priorities changing, buying a house unfortunately. Love the car, but life wins out unfortunately. Don't have any more nice pictures at the moment, but will take some and post.

Ash
Old 07-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

BUMP for an absolutely beautiful car. ITB's FTW. And Im talking about the throttle bodies for the sickos reading.

Good luck on the sale, and the buyer is getting a real piece of E36 history. Wish I had the cash to fork over.

Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Great car ... if there has been absolutely no paint work, and no accidents ever, then the price is somewhat high, but fair considering the mileage.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
jameswbl
3rd Gear Member

price is fair considering its rarity...but there may not be enough collectors on this board who will fork out this kinda money...

e36 with turbo cost less with more HP...
jameswbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
funny thing is i saw this car when it first got to the dealership talk about a blast from the past this car made me love dakar yellow... got a ride in it to car looks exactly the same as what i remember. I met the original owner don't really remember the person cause i was more focused on drooling over the car.... good luck on the sale and thanks to you and the previous owners for taking such good care of her...

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
AshBrar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
funny thing is i saw this car when it first got to the dealership talk about a blast from the past this car made me love dakar yellow... got a ride in it to car looks exactly the same as what i remember. I met the original owner don't really remember the person cause i was more focused on drooling over the car.... good luck on the sale and thanks to you and the previous owners for taking such good care of her...
Very interesting, original owner from what I know was a doctor in Waterloo. Second owner (the one before me) was an insurance broker also in Waterloo. The car is in the same shape if not better than when I bought it just over a year ago. I've replaced a few things (one of the fogs, front chin spoiler, a couple of trimp pieces) as they were sub-par.

I'm willing to negotiate somewhat on the price, and I understand some of the concern people are voicing on the price, however, I have put a lot of effort into maintaining it. There have been other EuroSpec cars that have been sold for cheaper, the lastest two that I recall having being listed for low 20s. Both of these (the black one and the avus blue) are crash rebuilds. The red one that was listed for about 26,5K has rust on the rear fenders, and the interior is very worn (it too has suede/m-sport cloth). I was looking to buy this red one back in 2004 until I saw the rust. It also has higher mileage. The other one for sale is at Segal Motor car, very clean very low mileage (45K kms), and 1 of only 2 in Giallo yellow. It is being listed for about $40K if not more.

If one just wants an E36 M3, then there are lots out there at cheaper prices. This however is a rarity, and after driving both the North American spec car and this one, it really is a connoisseur's car. It has a great visceral feel to it, and the engine is an absolute gem with fantastic throttle response and great lungs right up to the redline. In an ideal world, all cars would have individual throttle bodied intakes, with non-drive by wire cable throttles. I hate modern cars and the fake feeling drive by wire throttles, there is something to be said about having a direct connection to the engine with a cable throttle, especially one as wonderfully responsive as this one.

Anyhow, enough babble, making me depressed about selling. Please feel free to contact me about any details, I have all records from the original owner until now. I'll be posting some more pictures in the next day or so.

Thanks everyone,
Ash
Old 07-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #9
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Nice car, and I know they are rare now, but in 3 years from now when we can import "unlimited" Eurospec e36s, will they still command the premium? It will be interesting to see...

Oh and not bashing your car mate, your price seems fair for a low mileage, clean example Good luck with sale!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #10
AshBrar
2nd Gear Member

bump...sorry haven't posted more pics yet, haven't had a chance to take some. will try to do this tomorrow.

Ash
Old 07-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #11
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
cool stuff, bump for a great car

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #12
petevw
2nd Gear Member

I've been looking for a Euro for quite a while. I'm interested in yours because its clean and maintained.

Why such a big interval between oil changes? I was changing mine every 5K and drain/fill before parking in the winter, and again drain/fill before rolling out in the spring.

I sold my flawless loaded '97M with 104k for $21K about 2 years ago. Have regret it ever since. Never got any premium $$$ for the bucket of cash i dumped into her in maintenance.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38096

I believe your $30K is high for the mileage. Most Euro's are in and around the 100K now with the high milers at 160ish and the lows around 75K.

This is what i've seen in my hunt:

I had bid on that Segal car last year at the RM auction. They had a hard time getting it to the 37.5K "Sold" price. I don't know why the deal fell through afterwards, but i think because the auctioneer kept repeating the 40,000kms it had when in fact it was 40K miles (65K kms). Maybe Segal's guy was bidding? Since then, that car has been all over the map in price, and auctions. Still hasn't sold.

The other Giallo yellow Euro was purchased by my friend last year. Had 140K no rust/accidents bought for $17,500. DEAL!

The Blue one seems like it was abused by its current owner, really rough. Motor feels tired for 75K kms. I saw that car at a really good body shop back in '01? and that car was fixed right. Looked and worked perfect. I think the current owner beat the crap out of it with no money spent on servicing after the fix. Says he'll let it go for 20K(last year). For that kind of cash, too much of a basket case (non M-rims, burnt tires, cracked CF stress bar, missing glove box door, tired motor). Was looking at it for a possible supercharger/turbo project if i could get it in the low teens.

I have seen a Mugello Red Euro around town. HOT Car . This one has no rust and the owner is a M3 fanatic. Races in the GT Champ with his E30 M3. The owner won't sell. He bought it for 26K 2 years ago with i believe 80K?.

How flexable are you with the price? You say lightweight, i'm thinking base model Euro. I won't pay a premium for the maint costs. I can show you a stack of service bills too.....

If you can drop to the low/mid 20's contact me.

thanks,

Last edited by petevw; 07-13-2006 at 11:54 PM.
petevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #13
racer-x
2nd Gear Member

Price is way too high for an outdated car, have seen lower K's for less starting two years ago......
Passed by several euro cars before I settled on an e36 4 door but they get boring quick!
world ////M engines became 333+ made the euro cars boring in a hurry!
Gotta be an e36 fan for that kinda dough....... good luck !!!!!!!!!
racer-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
Stuttgart
Bmw = Bought My Wife

Send a message via MSN to Stuttgart
the price itsn' that high, l've looked around for normal m3's and some ppl have them at 25k with only 80k on them,
this is a euro number 25 addition, price is well reasonable, how probly with the stuff Ash has put into it, price should be clean, ash u probly wont sell ur car here, no one really buys cars here for over 20k try e-bay or trader.ca

on the trader.ca l saw a euro spec 6speed 321hp go for 45k and it had 155k on it, l asked the guy who sold it.
bump good lookin car, good luck with saleing it
Stuttgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:31 AM   #15
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

BUMP for a sweet car.......resonable price for the cond of it

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: