2002 525i (E39) is acting strange!
About a month ago I got this right back light warning light on the dashboard but all lights were working properly. This warning light appeared few times over a period of 2 weeks then stopped appearing. So I thought nothing of it (until now I donít know if it has anything with the issues my car started experiencing todayósee below).
This morning while unlocking my car by the remote key the back signal lights didnít come on. With further testing I found the following:
1) The back signal lights stopped signalling when unlocking the car.
2) The dashboard indicator does not blink and does not make a sound (all signal lights work properly though).
3) The reverse lights donít work.
4) The heated seats donít work.
5) The radio/audio does not work.
6) The doors donít lock automatically after driving.
7) The PDC doesnít work.
8) The headlights come on (itís on the auto setting) after about 5 second of starting the car.
9) The dashboard does not show the doors open warning.
10) I canít remember hearing or seeing the seatbelt warning.
11) The central locking button in the centre console does not work.
I went through all the fuses and none looks blown outóthey all seem fine (the little fuse wire is connected and none of the fuses are burned).
I took some out and put them back in place but that changed nothing. I took one brown fuse in the gloves compartment out and the alarm system went off so I put it back in quickly and when I locked and unlocked the car the back signal lights worked, then it stopped working when I tried again.
Does anybody know whatís going on? I am taking my car to the mechanic this Friday so I will ask him but I would love to know if there is a fix I can do myself before then. I searched online and someone changed his instruments cluster but I donít think that has anything to do with my problems.
Should I disconnect the battery and connected it again? What are the consequences of doing that?
Any helpful advice is much appreciated.