Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Excellent example of law enforcement

Figured this is relevant as it's local (to Ontario) and it shows that there most certainly are still some good cops out there. Officer attempting a lawful arrest, not allowing the situation to take control and even went above and beyond by explaining the situation to all the nitwits screaming "police brutality" behind the cameras. I'd wager events like this happen more than one would think, but bad publicity makes for better entertainment and media.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
South
3rd Gear Member

how many times does a good cop have to deal with this stuff until they say **** it and become the bad cops

besides the publicity is in the killings, not some rough arrests
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
calegrant
6th Gear Member

You imply they're all good to start with, it's a lot more likely that they're just douchebags to begin with. I find it quite amusing though that you managed to try and use this as an opportunity to once again paint cops as assholes, one track mind much?

I've seen a lot of threads on here referencing rough behavior by cops, both on the street and at stations.

Last edited by calegrant; 12-22-2013 at 05:53 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Anyone who has a desire or passion to rule over, enforce laws or control others already has "something" wrong with them.

I am sure some cops have a desire for a better world but in this day and age no one can be na´ve enough to not know the reality of it.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Someone with a genuine interest in keeping some degree of peace and lawfulness in their community has something wrong with them? I'd love to see a society where you all had to fend for yourselves, my guess is the vast majority of you would become victimized extremely quickly.

Some of the reasoning for putting this thread up was to see how many people would ignore it who usually so passionately, with pitchforks in hand, join threads condemning police. Getting those types to simply admit that not every cop is a tyrant now seems impossible. Ignore what doesn't justify your delusions, amirite?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Let me see, no cop guards me day in and out and I do just fine each day. In fact no one is likely to rob or attack me if there wasn't a cop and I could carry and had a right to use deadly force either.

Saying we here in Canada have peace because of the cops gives the people of this country little credit for their part in it.

I am not saying I wish for no cops, obviously we need them to handle the small group of crime but over all they do very little to curb a criminals decision, they show up after the fact to clean up and jail.

Our justice system and sentencing is an absolute disgusting joke and that is why a majority of criminals love or peaceful and forgiving country. If anything it ensures our cops will keep busy arresting and cleaning up.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 12-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Let me see, no cop guards me day in and out and I do just fine each day. In fact no one is likely to rob or attack me if there wasn't a cop and I could carry and had a right to use deadly force either.

Saying we here in Canada have peace because of the cops gives the people of this country little credit for their part in it.
I should have been more clear. I meant a society where no law enforcement or legally regulated justice would take place, a true state of anarchy. Law enforcement is merely the tip of the spear, and yes a lot of the time they're simply the clean up crew. However that is very much an essential job to the safety of our population.

Canada has peace because we are socially evolved, but also because we have structure.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Fantastic job by the police.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
damameke
6th Gear Member

On that incident,it was refreshing good that the
cop took the time to explain his action..,wish that
would be the case with SIU

Camera should be used in all cop
related matter to protect themselves n the public.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
jay01_brown
OBSERVE

Seemed like everyone was puting a show on for the camera.. Im sure if the situation was not recorded it would of ended differently... just my opinion
jay01_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay01_brown View Post
Seemed like everyone was puting a show on for the camera.. Im sure if the situation was not recorded it would of ended differently... just my opinion
Substantiate "seemed" and "sure". More baseless condemnation.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
jay01_brown
OBSERVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Substantiate "seemed" and "sure". More baseless condemnation.
Just my opinion my friend. The officer looked to be more concerned with the cameras during the footage. Idk, bending down on your knees and gasping for a breath after co lifting a 90lb woman "seemed" a bit put on for the camera IMO
Old 12-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
South
3rd Gear Member

calegrant your a troll. I see your still coming to terms that you've work for Monsanto Inc.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
calegrant
6th Gear Member

More stereotypical banter from a resident tinfoil hat commando.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
jay01_brown
OBSERVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
More stereotypical banter from a resident tinfoil hat commando.
Merry Xmas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: