Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
Blades
Your opinion is to long

2 325's on autotrader today ..

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3+Ser...howcpo=ShowCPO

ya ones auto but they can be converted

rare eh?

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

^but are they getting anywhere close to asking price I wonder?
Also, the silver one is not sport package.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
and both are sedans

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
and both are sedans
Obviously no point in arguing...let just play along and pretend! lol
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #35
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
2 325's on autotrader today ..

ya ones auto but they can be converted

rare eh?
Not sure if serious or trolling.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #36
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

4 years ago those two cars would have sold for around $2g's. Now they are asking close to $6. Even if they get $5 that is still 2.5 times more money in 4 years. I know before I converted mine to a full blown race car there is no way I would have sold it for less than $6g's.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #37
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

If that's the case then turbo heap I sold to Ceeker that has a custom white leather interior was the deal of the year at $1200 bucks lol
Old 12-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #38
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Steve, "heap" and good condition are 2 very different things. You know that. As I stated earlier "good condition ones" are going for significantly more as there are few around.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
and both are sedans
yes if you go down to specifics then they would be rare. I forgot it was coupe you were point out but then again a lot of cars can be considered rare .. eagle talon Tsi 1993+, LHD skyline 89+, 850i manual, etc etc

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

It is not so much about rare, rather than supply and demand. No matter how you slice it an 850i manual is rarer than e30's. However there are way more people that want an e30 vs. the 850i. 850's are worthless relatively speaking vs. their original purchase price.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #41
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
yes if you go down to specifics then they would be rare. I forgot it was coupe you were point out but then again a lot of cars can be considered rare .. eagle talon Tsi 1993+, LHD skyline 89+, 850i manual, etc etc
If we were talking about specific like color or upholstery, yeah it really is irrelevant. But an all wheel drive 2 door E30 is quite different since it's a completely different model.
In Canada 325ix sedan were available btw. In fact, we got sedans at first and US got coupe. A year later US got sedans as well, but Canada never got the coupes.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
It is not so much about rare, rather than supply and demand. No matter how you slice it an 850i manual is rarer than e30's. However there are way more people that want an e30 vs. the 850i. 850's are worthless relatively speaking vs. their original purchase price.
The only reason that an 850 is less desirable is because it appeals to the masses/budget conscious enthusiasts.

No matter how you slice it, if you have two identical cars (colour, mileage, condition), one is a late model e30 325iS and one is a 850i Manual, I will put money on the fact that the 850 will command the higher price. I do agree that there will be more watchers/window shoppers with the e30 however.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #43
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
The only reason that an 850 is less desirable is because it appeals to the masses/budget conscious enthusiasts.

No matter how you slice it, if you have two identical cars (colour, mileage, condition), one is a late model e30 325iS and one is a 850i Manual, I will put money on the fact that the 850 will command the higher price. I do agree that there will be more watchers/window shoppers with the e30 however.

Not the point. I said %age of new. 850 was over 100,000 dollars in '91 today an absolute mint one might fetch $15000, likely less. Any you'd wait a hell of a long time to sell it as there are so few people willing to buy one in fear of the unknown such as the ridiculous maintenance costs. So 15% of new.

325is in '91 was $40000 and an absolute mint one now would fetch 8-10g dollars. 20-25% of new. Hence they hold their value better. Plus 850 prices are going one way, down. E30 prices are going up, so this disparity will only grow over the next few years.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #44
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^Perfect, still need to add an 8 to the collection!
Must find nice color tho...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #45
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

I didn't bother replying in this thread for some time because I hate that "told you so" feeling that I get when talking about most things E30 or 80's era BMW related... that being said I've been singing this song (happy to keep my thoughts to myself or amongst old school friends and enthusiasts.. so humming this song so to say) for years. E30's will not be future classics, they are current classics and their time arrived about 2-3 years ago. You should see the trend in terms of pricing throughout Europe in the past 3-5 years, clean ones command prices significantly north of the numbers I've seen thrown out in this thread. That being said, clean in Europe is, as far as my experience goes, significantly cleaner than what N. America deems worthy of the term.

I could reiterrate a number of the cliché catch phrases that seem to find their way into any classic/modern-classic German automobile discussion, across car forums that have been pegging Porsche and BMW atop their list of the modern classic era trendsetters (A while back the Economist had a cool automotive feature on why early 911's made a case as a better investment than a list of other places people tend to invest their money.. they ended the article with their tip that 80's BMW's would be next to follow the same trend), but anyone who is actually vested in this topic has heard it all before.

"When the good E30 M3's run out, prices on clean non-M's will jump correspondingly. The steady increase in the non-M market over the past few years seems to elude to the fact that most people are becoming aware of and accepting this fact"

"As the classic car market and this new era of it goes, a rising tide lifts all boats"

In this thread, the best posts or sound ones, IMO, are those of John (Dble Trouble).

Here's a recent column to put an extra cliché ending on this post lol

http://voices.yahoo.com/classic-germ...64.html?cat=27

E30 M3's sparked the flame, E24's followed quickly in suit, period correct tuner cars need no explanation, non-M E30's are riding the proverbial wave, and the last chance window that was the E28 is (an arguement can be made for "has") closing/closed. E32's, for what they're worth... which is a fraction of any of their 80's siblings, have recently begun to compand considerably more, relatively speaking, than the give away money they could generally speaking always be had for.

I always loved this TBMW cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBMW We heart the 80's.jpg (45.5 KB, 53 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: