Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
aviator
3rd Gear Member

Lightbulb Anybody paint their trunk with truckbed liner?

Just curious if anyone has painted their trunk with Rhinoliner or similar product.
I'm thinking it would seal and prevent trunk interior rust and make for a stronger, quieter trunk that is more resistant to rust under the carpet...
What are your opninions/observations?
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
cheapthrills
2nd Gear Member

I painted the floor of my race car with Rustoleum brush-on truck bed liner after I stripped out all the sound insulation. It's held up well except for a few high-wear spots that have scraped through. It is sort of a pain to apply; it's like trying to paint jelly. I hate spraying in the interior, since everything gets covered in a film no matter how well I mask.

I've used the spray-on stuff on the underbody, such as the rollcage mounting points and small rust spots, and that has held up very well.

I'd trust it to hold back rust better, but it isn't going to do much for sound insulation or strength.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
aviator
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the response cheap... I was thinking along the lines of one of those rubberized products like Rhino-liner... it's supposed to make for a quieter truck bed area and be more resistant to dents and dings... not that I'm planning on dropping stuff in the trunk...

I was wondering what people's experiences had been doing it... looking more for the rust preventative aspects of it...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Sea Aych
2nd Gear Member

I've heard of people using it for the rockers, but i think that some 3M rubberized stuff would be better. Sound-wise though i have no idea
Sea Aych is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: