Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
windwagen
6th Gear Member

With some practice, you can do it yourself really cheap. Road and Track magazine did an article on this recently

Last edited by windwagen; 12-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
dbworld4k
Addict

Custom Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lercs View Post
Buy the car, go to paint shop, get car painted?

Seeing as it is brand new, there shouldn't be any bodywork, so it can't be that expensive, can it?

Horrible advice. As Eurostyle posted, a proper job approaches nearly $10k and it's still not original. Wrapping is nothing like a paint job - there's no clear coat and it won't look nearly the same. OP is out of luck, but it would appear a wrap may be the only viable alternative here.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't write off the car wrap so quickly. I used some over the bondo rust repairs for my winter beater and it looks pretty damn good! I was going for a close match, but the wrap actually looks better than the original paint, even after polishing!

I was amazed how many colour choices are available. Let me know if you want to know about the store and I'll look it up. Everything was in stock. Intermediate grade stuff was $3/yard for 24 in wide.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #19
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

If I ever went into a BMW dealership, or any brand for that matter, ready to pay full pop for the high end model of my choice and they said "No', I would laugh, walk out of there and find a brand that would cater to me.

If I was ever buying new, there would beno chance in hell I would be one of those boring ass idiots who buys a Blk on blk, or one of the zillion other terribly shitty, boring colour combo's that I see on appliances they call cars, every day.

rant over. sorry but I just want my yellow on red, blue on red, red on kiwi or cinnamon, white on cinnamon or kiwi, etc etc etc

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #20
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
If I ever went into a BMW dealership, or any brand for that matter, ready to pay full pop for the high end model of my choice and they said "No', I would laugh, walk out of there and find a brand that would cater to me.

If I was ever buying new, there would beno chance in hell I would be one of those boring ass idiots who buys a Blk on blk, or one of the zillion other terribly shitty, boring colour combo's that I see on appliances they call cars, every day.

rant over. sorry but I just want my yellow on red, blue on red, red on kiwi or cinnamon, white on cinnamon or kiwi, etc etc etc
Lol, boring ass idiots for buying black on black? What colour combo is your M5 again?

OP, shame about the individual, LSB would look great on an X5!

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Heh heh .. I noticed that too, however, he did say "new". I thought my M5 was brown when I first looked at it...but I didn't care. It was an M5 with the right price! Turns out it's Sterling Grey. I guess the lighting was off?

Last edited by windwagen; 12-15-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Lol, boring ass idiots for buying black on black? What colour combo is your M5 again?
I didn't buy my M5 brand new.
I fail to see your point.

Quote:
If I was ever buying new, there would be no chance in hell I would be one of those boring ass idiots who buys a Blk on blk, or one of the zillion other terribly shitty, boring colour combo's that I see on appliances they call cars, every day.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #23
Axxe

^ You know, some people actually prefer black on black. Calling them boring ass idiots for having different taste than you while driving something that a previous boring ass idiot bought while there are other colour options on the used market makes me laugh. They must be doing something right to be able to afford a brand new M car, hardly idiots.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
^ You know, some people actually prefer black on black. Calling them boring ass idiots for having different taste than you while driving something that a previous boring ass idiot bought while there are other colour options on the used market makes me laugh. They must be doing something right to be able to afford a brand new M car, hardly idiots.
Your panties are getting too tight, you'll choke..

Btw, I had 4 deals fall through on me for anything but black/silver, in the end, it just wasn't meant to be and I needed a car asap, hence the black on black. It wasn't by choice.

Toys
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #25
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Your panties are getting too tight, you'll choke..

Btw, I had 4 deals fall through on me for anything but black/silver, in the end, it just wasn't meant to be and I needed a car asap, hence the black on black. It wasn't by choice.
Had to go commando years ago, became unbearable.

I also looked at several other combos, nothing really felt right or was a reasonable sum for the condition. And then saw CB in the sun, completely perfect.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #26
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
tomek stop bitching at terry (who the **** ever knocks black on black?) and fix your sig, n00b

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: