Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
hardparking
2nd Gear Member

Can't be serious. Excited about saving $.20. Even their best deals are a rip off. Are you the same person who lines up 30 mins for gas when you hear it's going up 2 cents at midnight? burning $3.00 in gas to save $2.50 on your fill up. No offence op, not trying to be a negative nancy but I just find it sad how little backbone Canadians have. We are getting ripped off left right and center from gas to alcohol, but that is a whole nother thread. We are wrapped around their finger and they know it.

I'm not saying I'm not for a thread discussing alcohol cause I for one like to indulge after a hard days work

Again, this may come off as a personal attack, however I don't mean for it to... it just saddens me especially when products made in ontario are cheaper south of the border...carry on.
hardparking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
damameke
6th Gear Member

So you would rather pay 20 cents more? 20 cents is about 9% saving
and in percentage that is a good discount.

20 cans, adds up

And no, I hate to line up for gas when there is a queue

We are hosed big time n it will get worse if the frigging Liberal
Implements the 5 cents per litre revenue tool
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #18
aviator
3rd Gear Member

I'm not going to debate the relative merits of "revenue tools" given the current civil serpent trough scandals at all levels of government except to say that no party's hands are clean in this.
I am going to say that if members want to see one of the best selections of european and micro brewery offerings at any GTA Beer Store/LCBO they should come to the store I work at at Donlands & O'Conner in EY. We have the stuff no other store has and we're self serve so you can walk in and choose your brew like an adult not wait behind a counter like a kid...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #19
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
hardparking,
us saving 10-20% is stupid, you're right. we should start a ring to rob the LCBO. you in?

i think i drink a lot more than you think.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Waiting in long lines to save a couple bucks is something that I don't care for either. However I laugh at people who scoff at saving a couple bucks here and there on everyday things while you're doing your regular shopping. Yeah saving a couple bucks doesn't sound like much, but if you save a couple bucks a week on just a few items, over the course of the year it adds up to hundreds of dollars.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
hardparking
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Waiting in long lines to save a couple bucks is something that I don't care for either. However I laugh at people who scoff at saving a couple bucks here and there on everyday things while you're doing your regular shopping. Yeah saving a couple bucks doesn't sound like much, but if you save a couple bucks a week on just a few items, over the course of the year it adds up to hundreds of dollars.
I think you guys are missing my point. You still think it's a "deal" to save $.20. It is not, it was overpriced in the first place. Just like sears garage door openers on sale every other week at "half price"

Bullet ride, it's one thing to save $2.00 off if you're already at the grocery store, but those who scour the weekly flyers and go to 4 different grocery stores to save $3.00 at this one, $2.00 at that one...(like my grandma) I think is a big waste of time when you take up your whole Saturday morning turning your car on and off and parking 4 times to save what? $9.00? big whoop.
hardparking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #22
propr'one
op sucks cock

your argument is retarded. there's no where to buy liquor other than the lcbo, so you're not "scouring" anything. you know what's on sale, and you have the option to buy it. there's exactly zero additional effort, time or gas, except for spending time reading this thread, which you've already done despite seemingly not being interested.

one of my favourite cheap cabs is on sale too:
PELEE ISLAND CAB FRANC VQA
Canada | Pelee Island Vineyard Inc.
LCBO 433714 | 750 mL
WAS: $ 11.95 | NOW: $ 10.95 | SAVE: $ 1.00 | LIMITED TIME OFFER

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Or u cN hit up the dutty free to fuel ur acool- (alcohol in french) -ism.

25$ ****ing dollars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (312.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparking View Post
I think you guys are missing my point. You still think it's a "deal" to save $.20. It is not, it was overpriced in the first place. Just like sears garage door openers on sale every other week at "half price"

Bullet ride, it's one thing to save $2.00 off if you're already at the grocery store, but those who scour the weekly flyers and go to 4 different grocery stores to save $3.00 at this one, $2.00 at that one...(like my grandma) I think is a big waste of time when you take up your whole Saturday morning turning your car on and off and parking 4 times to save what? $9.00? big whoop.

I agree that going out of your way to save minuscule amounts on groceries is a game of diminishing returns.

And I understand that corporations are playing price hiking games with us consumers to make a sale look like a deal when really it's not and that it's truly unfair, but ultimately the price is the price. This isn't the flea market where if you don't like the price you can haggle with the seller to get a deal. Products like alcohol never really go on a fire sale price like tools at Canadian Tire or garage door openers at Sears because the turn over on the inventory is fairly high so there's no need to blow out old inventory.

So when it comes down to it I'd rather buy beer at the shitty "on sale" price rather than the even shittier "regular price". Oh, and there's always home made wine to tide me over between sales

And yeah hitting up the duty free is always worth while when crossing the boarder. Last time I picked up a 24 of Blue Moon for $23.... the equivalent beer at the beer store is almost $50.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 12-13-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
damameke
6th Gear Member

Grocery stores honour all coupons now
so don't have to drive to different stores

You are right in your point about high pricing on beer liquor
,it is monopolised by LCBO and The Beer Store,so a 20cents per can
fiscount still adds up,unless you want to drive to the States
or Quebec
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

I guess the point is, atleast for me.

I goto to the LCBO to buy alcohol I want. I don't base my decision on what to buy because there is $1.00-$3.00 off deal. If so great, but no big deal. You know fully well going in that you are over paying, few dollars off won't make me feel better about it...

None of these 'deals' make me want to go out and stock up on them. I do that when I goto the Dutty Free (lol). I'm in the US often enough that I usually have a bit of a stash and don't have to goto the LCBO much. But I guess for people who never cross the border or fly, I can see why they get excited over a few dollars.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
propr'one
op sucks cock

guys if you dont give a **** about the 2$, you dont have to post.
i rather save the 2$ and throw my empties in the blue bin.

i didn't say any of this stuff is a good deal. i just said its a better deal than it was before. retarded arguments like "this is overpriced already, so you shouldn't bother to save money" are not interesting to me (or anyone, afaik)

Last edited by propr'one; 12-13-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #28
dbworld4k
Addict

I'm just here for beer talk.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
aviator
3rd Gear Member

IDK IMO anyone just tossing their empties in the blue bin is tossing away money... you paid the .10 to .20 deposit per container when you bought them why not get that money back and recycle it into new beverages... it all adds up...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #30
gec
2nd Gear Member

I crush up my cans and take em in about twice a year but my local store will not except crushed empties, counted in a clear bag ...I gotta drive 30 miles to take them back to another store....sucks! The guy that owns the store "Bernie" should loose his licence to sell.
gec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: