Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Kamil
Däs Klässe

Warsteiner decals on a 318is opinions!!!

Hey guys as some of you may know I have a build thread on my 1991 alp white 318is. Im looking to repaint the car and have been thinking about techno violet, estoril blue, or lsb, but for some reason I LOVE the warsteiner dtm e30s. I have always wanted to do the full sticker package and keep the car white but since its not an m3, I dont want to get judged in the wrong way even though its my own car and my own build. So I wanted to know what you guys think of the full decal package with the huge m stripes and warsteiner logos on my alpine white non-m? Be honest as I am looking for either hate or love to determine whether to follow my dream or just go with any of the above colors for a cleaner, less attention catching look. Thanks everyone ps I have an mtech2 rear valance, rieger infinity lip which kind of makes the front look like an m3 sort of, and will be getting new wheels if that help you picture the final product..also debated on the gurney flap dtm spoiler but once again not sure if it will look good on a non-m
Kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
davericher20
black and blue

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
I can make the decals for you if you do decide to go with the Warsteiner theme.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
some people will give you shit. the ones that do are shitheads, so do what you want.

i probably wouldn't do it. if you really love the e30 M3 put a 24v in your iS and go blow doors off some.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Kamil
Däs Klässe

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
I can make the decals for you if you do decide to go with the Warsteiner theme.
I would get you to make them for me if I do decide to go with it but I know theres a lot of mixed feelings about the whole m stripe on a non-m thing and such. Ive personally seen a few non-m e30s in alp white and love the look still as its eye catching and different..but if people are going to hate on me for doing it ill just do a colour change on the car and leave it at that
Old 12-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Are you so insecure that you would seek the approval of an internet community (and a small internet community at that) and let that sway your decision? If you want to do it and it will make you happy, then go for it.

Nobody cares one way or another what you do. Of course some percentage of people will be against any possible mod you could do to a car, but I doubt they would lose sleep over what you did to your car. I have a zhp shift knob with m-stripes in my car, and guess how many angry mobs have formed demanding I remove it...
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Why paint a nice colour like alpine white? With the decal package you're going to boy racer #1, every radar and laser will point at you first.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Kamil
Däs Klässe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Why paint a nice colour like alpine white? With the decal package you're going to boy racer #1, every radar and laser will point at you first.
Yea I figured id get branded as a boyracer with them lol..and I love the alp white so im debating on just repainting it the same colour but at the same time I think a techno violet e30 would get more attention for being really unique..its rare to see a techno e30 anywhere online even not to mention locally in person.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #9
Hartgefan
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
some people will give you shit. the ones that do are shitheads, so do what you want.

i probably wouldn't do it. if you really love the e30 M3 put a 24v in your iS and go blow doors off some.
Whether anyone else likes it or not does it matter? Who are you building the car for you or for others?

I have been dying for race decals on my S1000RR, everyone said dont do it and now that i have, alot of the haters been converted. Good thing with decals if it dont look right you can peel em off.

Go for it!!
Hartgefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
every radar and laser will point at you first.
Fortunately it's a 318is so he'll have to be tring pretty hard to break the speed limit

j/k
Old 01-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
Roysneon
2nd Gear Member

But seriously, I think it's dumb, but it's your car.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Roysneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #12
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
The attached pic might give you an idea of what to expect (minus the M-tech lower valence). I say see how you like it and act upon that and don't worry so much about what others think. As mentioned previously in the thread, and based on the feedback here, there's always going to be some people who will like it and some who will not, so do what will make you happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_70651453878719.jpeg (61.2 KB, 65 views)

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
As mentioned previously in the thread, and based on the feedback here, there's always going to be some people who will like it and some who will not, so do what will make you happy.
And to be honest, most of the people on forums who will tell you it's stupid or dumb will end up telling you it looks cool if they happen to meet you in person at a car show or cruise because rarely will anyone ever tell someone to their face that they think their car is stupid.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #14
325isdan
5th Gear Member

engine swap before paint.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: