Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-27-2003, 05:01 PM   #1
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
VR6 vs 3 series E46

read it on TSR

"Ok, i was driving back home from woorbridge on the 400 when this bmw was tail gating me on the "fast lane". I switched lanes and let him pass ahead and he was a pure rich snob and gave me a dirty look and must of downshifted. I put the vr in 3rd and start pulling on the snob. I hit like 180 and shut her off. Then he goes his way on the 401 and didn't even look at me . I think it was a 320 or a 325 and it looked like the recent models i think."

who is the snob?
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Re: VR6 vs 3 series E46

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
read it on TSR

"Ok, i was driving back home from woorbridge on the 400 when this bmw was tail gating me on the "fast lane". I switched lanes and let him pass ahead and he was a pure rich snob and gave me a dirty look and must of downshifted. I put the vr in 3rd and start pulling on the snob. I hit like 180 and shut her off. Then he goes his way on the 401 and didn't even look at me . I think it was a 320 or a 325 and it looked like the recent models i think."

who is the snob?

Not a very nice person. I have raced the VR6 corrados and gti. Quick little buggers I must say. They pack alot of punch but not enough at the top end and what with the 190 cut off point. I recently raced a corrado vr6 on the highway and we where both hammering it. He started falling behind at the 200 mark. I slowed down and kept pace with him at 190 and then i would give it gas when I pleased. HAHAHA I know he had reached his limiter. I know I am a bastard
Old 05-27-2003, 06:44 PM   #3
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Yeah, the Generation III VR6's will give you more of a run, i.e. the ones around 1993-1998.

The Gen IV VR6's are a bit slower due to the bigger chassis.
There are nonetheless quick european cars for the money.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:41 PM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

NO WAY!!
these cars are FAR TOO overrated, my buddy has a 1997 yellow vr and i must admit its ALRIGHT, but there are a LOTTA faster cars out there!!
My buddy raced my dad in his 323i (when he first got it) and my dad got SMOKED but his car is auto, AND it only has like 168hp i think, so ya, fine the VR ios quicker, but those cars aren't as fast as what people make them out to be, i have FED vr's in the past with my car when it was STOCK, never raced one with the chip or 18's!!
but i should still be able so show him who has the better german car, and also, they might SEEM light but they are OBEAST bastards, the MKIV VR6's have a curb weight of 3011 lbs!!!!!!!
I dunno about you guys but thats WAYYYYYY to heave for a HATCH!!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:59 AM   #5
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

I'd kick around with a 95 Corrado VR6, I've driven it and it is quick!

Back in 95, those cars were the shit but now there's many cars out there for the price range that are faster. I'd love to have one of those in mint condition but since my next car will definitely be a BMW I guess a Corrado will be out of the question. Still love those cars though.

Last edited by WhadUpp; 05-28-2003 at 01:25 AM.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:25 AM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Corrados are BEAUTIFUL, but GOLFS, i dunno!
not a BIG fan, unless its a MK II, i LOVE THOSE OLD SCHOOL ones!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:31 AM   #7
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

anyone ever race a MKII golf with a vr6 transplant?....now those are FAST!!
Old 05-29-2003, 02:22 AM   #8
Youngdubber
1st Gear Newbie

Mental Kev on this site..his old car was a MK2 vr6 jetta..one of the first 5 in the GTA back in 95
Youngdubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:31 AM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I LOVE the MKII, i think those are the BEST golfs around, i'm thinkin of gettin one as a beater and just keepin it clean, body wise, and maybe a VR swap as a projet during the summer!!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:27 AM   #10
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

Yeah that guy really sounds like he has a pickle up his butt, for your info; stock MK2 with VR6 swap will do mid 14`s 1/4mile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: