Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Stryker181
1st Gear Newbie

9stretch9 - sellers beware

So I was dealing with 9stretch9 on a purchase of some items off of a e36 M3 that I am parting out. After extensive discussions and coordination we agree on a price for the items. I needed time to remove them from the car (M3 rear half shafts) as they were challenging to remove. Once I got them off we arranged a time for him to come and pick up. Turned up a no show. I finally contact him and he lets me know that he forgot that he made the appointment. So we arrange for him to come pick them up the following day. Time comes and goes and he again is a no show. I contact him and he claims to have been busy and wants to pick them up on the weekend. Finally comes back and states that he can get the items cheaper from Toronto and backs out of deal. Two evenings wasted and time to remove the items down the drain. Sellers beware of this guy he will waste your time.
Stryker181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Woofer
6th Gear Member

That's weird. I've sold several parts to him and not had an issue.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Welcome to the used parts business!!! The sad reality is that 90-95% of people are just a waste of time; no respect of anybody's time or effort.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
9stretch9
2nd Gear Member

I was supposed to pick up mainly half shafts last WEEKEND from this seller and a few other parts possibly...he had a problem removing them also didnt have a TORX so had to go buy the tool...Finally got them out and we arranged for pickup. Ended up having a very late work day and did forget and apologize for not coming. we arranged for pickup the fallowing day... after work that day i read his message saying...

"Carleton to where I live is about 45 minutes. Are you coming tonight? Would meeting up on the weekend be a better option? "

I agree as it would be late and weekends work alot better...he then goes on to say the next message THE SAME EVENING...

"To be honest this is getting a little straining. I have pulled the parts, committed two nights to waiting for you to pick them up while I have put other things on hold that I need to do. The CV shafts are not an easy part to find especially off of a 99 m3.
For my time in waiting the shaft price is now $250.00, Sills $75.00 and the bumper $300.00. Let me know when you want to come over, or if you still want the parts. "

(why ask if the weekend was a better option i dont know)
He was originally charging me 150$ for the half shafts which was a great deal.now added 100$ for waiting.i was going to pickup them with the door sills for sure and check out the bumper for possible purchase....

""[quote=9stretch9]Hey man sorry again. I moved to Ottawa recently and am working like crazy and the schedule is very busy so sorry for keeping you waiting. As for the parts you can keep them because I'll be going to Toronto next week and I can pick then up there for less now with the 100$ added on ....sorry and thanks again. Good luck

It isn't that you are keeping me waiting. The fact is that you have wasted my time. You had made an appointment twice to come out and pick the parts up. You never called or emailed to let me know that you couldn't make it out. If fact once you completely forgot that you even had told me that you were coming out. I think that $100.00 for my time that you wasted would be fair. If you feel differently then feel free to go waste somebody elses time.""

1st appointment was my bad...the 2nd one i thought he offered a weekend meetup... he then said...
"If you want the parts you can take them as a package deal only. This way I at least get something for my lost time in waiting. $525.00 for the bumper, sills and half shafts."

Its still a good price for the parts but i need to see something like a bumper before buying and didnt want to waste his time anymore

Last edited by 9stretch9; 11-09-2013 at 04:29 AM.
9stretch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Stryker181
1st Gear Newbie

No respect for time

It wasn't so much that we kept delaying the parts pickup. It was the lack of respect to let me know that he wasn't going to show up due to working late. No communication skills at all. It is basic respect, if I can't meet an appointment with somebody I at least let them know and cancel, even at the last minute. That way the person isn't sitting around the entire evening waiting for me to show up. I guess this is the used parts game.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
BMW_M_POWER
ENT

Eurostyle is right that 90-95% of the people waste time including Max members!
This is just the way it is..

BMW E46 330i ZHP, E36 Vert, E36 M3
BMW_M_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Car sales is even worse!
9strech9, IMO, you are in the wrong.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 11-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I fu*king hate selling anything it's such a headache every single time!

Fil and anyone else who sells things on the Internet for a living gets mad respect!
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I fu*king hate selling anything it's such a headache every single time!

Fil and anyone else who sells things on the Internet for a living gets mad respect!
Yeah time to flip houses... every transaction I've had were multiple bidding wars, went for <15% over asking and everyone showed up on time.

It's cray cray
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #10
davericher20
black and blue

I would tell a seller to fly a kite if he tacked on more money/conditions too. looks like 9stretch9 did nothing wrong but cancel once. He took the weekend option but the seller can't handle being alone with his own thoughts.
I couldn't imagine telling my customers, "uhh, yeah since you're rescheduling Imma jack up the price and now you have to buy all three of the products I showed you even though you only wanted one cause I feel disrespected, still wanna buy the parts?"
Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I would tell a seller to fly a kite if he tacked on more money/conditions too. looks like 9stretch9 did nothing wrong but cancel once. He took the weekend option but the seller can't handle being alone with his own thoughts.
I couldn't imagine telling my customers, "uhh, yeah since you're rescheduling Imma jack up the price and now you have to buy all three of the products I showed you even though you only wanted one cause I feel disrespected, still wanna buy the parts?"
Wtf?
Gotta agree here...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
Stryker181
1st Gear Newbie

It isn't like 9stretch9 cancelled ahead of the agreed to meeting. The first time he admitted that he completely forgot that we had an agreement to pick up the parts. I emailed him after the agreed to time where four hours after he admitted to this. The second time I contacted him an hour after he was suppose to pick up the parts. That is when he told me that he "just got done work" and had just realized that I lived further then he thought and was going to take another hour to get to me (I gave him my address before the first appointment). I don't mind being canceled on but doing so in advance of the meeting is common courtesy and would have allowed me to carry on doing what I previously had planned. I was canceled on twice and I guess I feel that my time is worth something. 9stretch9 thinks that he is the only one that is busy in this world and that others should understand that and wait on him.

The price was increased for f*%# me around. Price you gotta pay as far as I am concerned.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Then you can complain if he backs out. If you change the terms of the deal, he's got every right to. It happens - a lot - no reason to get butt hurt by it.

I certainly hope you aren't in a sales career, because your up for a lifetime of disappointment.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 11-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
Stryker181
1st Gear Newbie

I charge him for screwing me around. Lots of companies do it. Miss an appointment you get charged regardless. You miss an appointment without telling me before hand, pay the price or piss off.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

LOL - I don't know any company in this day and age that charges a customer for a missed appointment apart from the medical community. They do it because they can and it's their entire livelihood. This isn't your livelihood, it's a personal internet sale that didn't go your way.

Breath once in a while - your life will be easier and much happier...

2007 Z4 3.0si

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: