1991 318is For Sale
The time has come to say goodbye to the E30. After 3 good years of ownership it's time to move on.
It's a 1991 318is with 235,000 km. It has a sunroof, heated seats, and power widows. Price is $2000 AS IS. The car is slightly lowered, has a Mark D chip installed and supersprint exhaust.
With it comes a full set of winter tires on basketweaves used for 1 winter, a stock ECU, summer and winter floor mats plus a few odds and ends i have kicking around.
In the interests of full disclosure ill try and list all the things that i know are wrong with the car:
- Reverse lights don't work, i think it's the switch in the transmission.
- Rust on drivers side fwd fender
- Scratch through the paint on passenger side read fender. In the picture it's covered with lithium grease to stop any rust from forming.
- The transmission makes a noise and has since i bought the car, it sounds as though something is loose inside but it has never affected the fuctionality. It's not really there at low speed and worst around 110km/h. Above 120 it settles down and sometimes stops. I've asked my mechanic about it and his only solution was a new transmission. I decided to live with the noise as it didnt affect how the car shifted.
- The fog lights and one instrument light are burned out.
- Lastly (and most annoyingly as the PO hid it) the fwd jacking point on the passenger side is rusted out. When i got the car it was full of bondo and had been painted over when the car was resprayed. When i tried to use it all the bondo cracked out. Let's just say i was not impressed.
It's a long list but i want people to know what they're in for. I'm not trying to ditch the car on some poor unsuspecting sucker, i just want any fellow E30 lover who's interested to know what they're in for.
That being said the car has never left me stranded and drives well. 2 Weeks ago i drove it all the way to Montbello Qc, with no issues and had an average fuel consumption of 7L/100km!
If you're interested drop me a PM or a text at 416-716-0608.