Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
Jae
1st Gear Newbie

Can someone put an end to my misery?

Couldn't find a thread for this so please don't kill me but,
I've been searching high and low, coast to coast and can't seem to find an answer to this. I want to get rid of my halogen lights and upgrade them to HID. I have a 2009 323i and I was wondering if I could buy projectors off ebay and fit them into my housing or buy another model with HID already and retrofit them onto my car. Is there a shop that can do all this work?
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

Are you saying you are looking for the projector headlights for E90?
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

You can buy the projector headlights and retrofit them in, but i'm not sure if you can retrofit the projectors on their own(i'm thinking not). HID's you can fit in at anytime; lots of aftermarket companies make HID kits for your car. You can add them into your normal existing housing(non hid) or into your projectors if you end up getting some.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Jae
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
You can buy the projector headlights and retrofit them in, but i'm not sure if you can retrofit the projectors on their own(i'm thinking not). HID's you can fit in at anytime; lots of aftermarket companies make HID kits for your car. You can add them into your normal existing housing(non hid) or into your projectors if you end up getting some.
If I end up putting the HID's without the projectors it will cause glare onto oncoming traffic, correct? And I'm more leaning towards the O EM retrofit but is there a shop I can get this done at? Toronto Custom Lights doesn't seem to be in business anymore.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2gMEFgRgio
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Jae
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe46 View Post
These are for PRE LCI.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

these guys do good work...

http://wiredridez.com/

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

Didn't you make a thread about this before? Don't know why you're having so much difficulty figuring this out.

Your have the following solutions:
1) Get someone from The Retrofit Source (there are installers in the GTA I believe) to retrofit an aftermarket projector into your low beam. Plug a HID kit into this and you will have low beam HIDs aka xenons. For angel eyes, you can installed aftermarket LED rings. The installer should be able to do this for you. This would probably cost you at least $500 off the top of my head.
2) Install HIDs into your low beams as they are, but these will not be projector style and may potentially annoy oncoming traffic. Cheap. Under $100.
3) Buy xenon headlights from a 2009+ 3 series sedan and install them, then do the proper coding from one of the Sponsors of this site. There are listings on original headlights on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-BMW...71d115&vxp=mtr

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 03-05-2014 at 06:47 PM.
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
Jae
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Didn't you make a thread about this before? Don't know why you're having so much difficulty figuring this out.

Your have the following solutions:
1) Get someone from The Retrofit Source (there are installers in the GTA I believe) to retrofit an aftermarket projector into your low beam. Plug a HID kit into this and you will have low beam HIDs aka xenons. For angel eyes, you can installed aftermarket LED rings. The installer should be able to do this for me. This would probably cost you at least $500 off the top of my head.
2) Install HIDs into your low beams as they are, but these will not be projector style and may potentially annoy oncoming traffic. Cheap. Under $100.
3) Buy xenon headlights from a 2009+ 3 series sedan and install them, then do the proper coding from one of the Sponsors of this site. There are listings on original headlights on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-BMW...71d115&vxp=mtr
Thank you so much my man! This was exactly what I was looking for. Clear and concise. And the reason why I had to make a thread about it again was because I didn't have someone like you respond.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #10
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I'll throw a wrench into this discussion. Some dude did a Hardcore LS motor swap into his E39 touring. One of his upgrades was projectors. His research pointed towards Nissan Murano projectors. Apparently these are the best choice for retrofits if lighting performance is important.... Just FYI...

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #11
dbworld4k
Addict

Yes. You can purchase such projectors from The Retrofit Source.

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
Jae
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen View Post
I'll throw a wrench into this discussion. Some dude did a Hardcore LS motor swap into his E39 touring. One of his upgrades was projectors. His research pointed towards Nissan Murano projectors. Apparently these are the best choice for retrofits if lighting performance is important.... Just FYI...
Thanks a lot. I really like the projectors on the TSX. So essentially I can retrofit another make and model into mine? I'm horrible with all these upgrade stuff. It's actually my first time doing anything to any of my cars.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: