Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
lord mulgath
1st Gear Newbie

Cool Dyno Day in Ajax Ontario! October 20th! Come on out and see how you're car stacks up!

Hello MaxBimmer!

We’re a tuning shop out in Ajax and we’re going to put on a dyno day on Sunday October 20th. We have a Mustang MD1100 dyno, capable of reading 2500WHP, with a maximum speed of 225MPH. Come out and see what kind of numbers you’ve really got!

3 Pulls with AFR and boost curve is only $80, with a printout of your highest run. If we get more than 10 cars out, the cost is down to $70. If we get 20 cars, it’ll be $60 for 3 pulls. A prize will be given out to the car with the highest numbers of the day. We may also give out a prize for the lowest number as well, depending on how off spec your car is.

The day will start bright and early at 9am and runs until whenever the last car is done. Priority will be given to those who pre-register, after that we will operate on a first come, first served basis. So make sure you show up early if you want to get your car on the dyno! If you’re looking for a specific time give us a call/PM/email.

Drinks and food will be available! Even if you’re not running your car, feel free to come and check out the shop. See you all on the 20th!

Phil, Brett and Chris
Street Rate Parts
717 Finley Avenue, Unit 5 & 6
Ajax Ontario, L1S 3T1
sales@streetrateparts.com
289-799-9500 - Main
289-799-9501 - Fax

Last edited by lord mulgath; 10-07-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Title Edit
lord mulgath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
SubDad
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
We may also give out a prize for the lowest number as well, depending on how off spec your car is.
Oh! Oh!
Finally a contest my M20B20 can win! Factory spec is 129 hp.

Seriously, sounds like a good deal and a good way to introduce yourselves.
SubDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
lord mulgath
1st Gear Newbie

We are certainly looking forward to seeing what the BMW community can bring out. Dyno days are Just as fun for us since we get to see all of the cool cars people have built.

Right now the high power mark for our dyno is held by a Honda. Hopefully you guys can bring out something with some more kick!

Hope to see you all on the 20th!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Hmmmm, I'm kinda curious what my car sounds like....
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Might swing by, ill know next week. How many spots have been taken so far?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

These guys are one of the sponsors of Chumpcar, which is how I was introduced to them as most of you know I'm racing in the Chumpcar series this year. I wish I knew about Streetrate sooner. Amazing parts, amazing prices, for anyone getting in to tracking events you owe it to yourself to visit these guys. Not to mention this Dyno day!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I'd like to make a suggestion. How about a competition for closest to spec, or closest to whatever the driver claims (for modified rides)? ie...M5 is supposed to make 394 hp.... does it really?

For a prize, I'll donate a bumper sticker or something

Hey - dble trouble...
I had/have the first two of these three cars and plan to get an iT Msport to replace the Ody!! wtf!!! VW was a tdi tho....

VW JETTA 1.8T WAGON Family Hauler (sold)
HONDA ODYSSEY 2nd Family Hauler (sold)
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
lord mulgath
1st Gear Newbie

Hi Guys, so far we've only got a couple of cars confirmed. But we'll be running the day regardless. Can't wait to meet you all. The BBQ will be waiting!

Windwagon, that is an interesting idea. The problem we have is that BMW rates all their cars at the crank, and we can only measure at the wheels, we can do a pretty good estimate for what it's turning at the crank but not exact.

Thanks to Dble Trouble for the vouching. Congrats on running a good race at Mosport on the weekend. It looked like you guys were having a lot of fun out there. How did the radio sets work for you guys?

And the top spot on the power boards was just taken over by a Z06 Corvette!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Vassago12
1st Gear Newbie

Put me down as a maybe. I'm curious to see what my car is putting down in stock trim.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
lord mulgath
1st Gear Newbie

Will do!

We should also have an 850i there from a couple shops down from us. Really curious to see what he's putting down.

Last edited by lord mulgath; 10-17-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Anyone else show up today? 322HP and 328 TQ. Almost exactly factory spec less 15% driveline losses. Not bad after 200,000 km and 11 years.....
Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
dbworld4k
Addict

God damn I can't believe I missed this. Today was such a good day, too. Would've loved to dyno my car with proper AFRs. Are you guys just using a sniffer or into the o2?

Windwagen, those are decent numbers!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
lord mulgath
1st Gear Newbie

We had one more M3 out, put down pretty good numbers. But not quite M5 numbers, but man does that M3 V8 winding out, sound amazing.

We use a wide band 02 Sensor, on the exhaust. We can hook into the OBD II port and read what the internal sensor is saying, but typically we trust our wide band more.

If anyone is looking for parts (tires, turbos, rims, seats, belts, anything), or just wants to come in and do a dyno pull, give us a call, we can set up a time and get you in.

For Dyno Related stuff call: 289-799-9588, ask for Brett
For any parts, related stuff, give Chris a call @ 289-799-9502.
For anything else call the shop number @ 289-799-9500 and just follow the prompts.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Yeah... M5 is too quiet.... That's what I said on Sunday. Some ppl gave me some video of my car at track days. When it passes the cameraman, you barely hear a whoosh. There's more sound coming from the cars in the background!

Tags
contest, days, dyno, fast, fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: