Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
bart325is
IH8BART

e30 1987 325is

I bought this car in June of 2010 from a guy who owned it since 1998. He was a big BMW fan and took very good care of this car (that's why I bought it). It had 295Kms on it when I bought it and it now has 311 on it. I have a ton of records for this car. It runs and drives great. Here is a brief list of what the previous owner had done from 280kms and up (I have receipts and logs for older maintenance as well):

- new front rotors and pads
- new front control arms and ball joints
- new gas tank
- new timing belts and other drive belts
- complete rear suspension from low mileage car
- steering rack / tie rods from low mileage car
- power steering pump from low mileage car
- new bulbs in OBC
- new headlight relays
- rebuilt half shafts
- new rear rotors and pads
- new O2 sensor
- new rear brake lines

Here is what I have done since owning it (most parts from Bav Auto or RM European):

- new timing belt, tensioner, camshaft seal, water pump, thermostat, belts, ALL coolant hoses and coolant, new block plugs, o-ring for oil return tube
- new distributor cap and rotor
- new fuel filter
- new crankshaft sensor
- new oil filter housing seal kit
- new battery
- Redline MTL
- Lucas 75w90 plus friction modifier for rear end
- new coolant sensor (needs another one)
- rebuilt fuel injectors
- new taillight gaskets
- new dash bulbs (the ones I could reach)
- new roundels
- fixed tank overflow and new breather lines and cover for RR wheel well (you can fill up without any smells or spillage)
- new headlight/foglight relays and fog light bulbs (yes they are original Hellas and yes they work)
- EAT Ultrachip DME173 for 91 octane from D'Sylva Tech
- new coolant temp sensor
- new intake manifold gaskets
- new sway bar bushings and end links
- complete emergency brake system overhaul (will never seize again)
- various OEM clips, screws, bolts, bulbs for finishing touches
- new spark plugs Bosh WR-8-LC+
- new fuel lines
- new front hubs and bearings
- new leather shift boot and ebrake handle
- used SS exhaust with Remus dual rolled tips

The interior is in great shape and all original. I have the original radio (currently has Pioneer deck hooked up to factory speakers with sub box bolted to rear seat frame and using ski passthrough - sounds great). Also have original illuminated key. Everything works except AC and seat heaters. I bought rust free used fenders and doors. I have installed the fenders but not the doors (so far). There are 2 small spots that need to be fixed behind both front wheels and the blower motor needs to be replaced (have good used motor, again, not installed - yet). These 2 items are all it will need for a safety. I had to replace 2 bulbs for the safety when I bought it. I am being 100% honest. I will let the pictures below do the rest of the talking.

This is a reliable car and I really enjoy driving it but it has to go. My space has been taken over by a 1984 Mustang LX convertible. Yeah, I know, not as nice as a BMW and you're right but the dang Mustang just has a place in my heart from when I started driving.

I could go on but I should show some pictures

How it was when I brought it home

Interior

With ASA AR1 17x7 rims and Potenza 205/45 tires

I bought this car for 2K and put over 3K into it not including the rims and tires (1K USD) in the last photo which can be sold separately or included with vehicle for an additional cost. I am certainly not looking to retire from selling this car. Just need the space. All you will need is a paint job and you will have a nice e30 that you could drive every day.

Looking for $2,200 or $2,900 with tires/rims. Thanks. PM is best. No trades.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

That's a great deal! I'm a bit surprised that the blower is required for safety though--and are you sure it's not just the resistor?
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^Yeah it is. It's the safety thing during the winter to prevent the windows from fogging.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Weird...I bought 2 cars with inop blowers and they passed fine.
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
edvc520
1st Gear Newbie

too bad you are from windsor
edvc520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
bart325is
IH8BART

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvc520 View Post
too bad you are from windsor
Let's not get personal, ha ha.

You can easily drive this baby home to the GTA. I drove it home from London when I bought it.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

PM'd - have read your threads - did you ever try to have the replacement fenders/doors painted to match rather than do the whole car? Granted, the match wouldn't be perfect but there are shops around that could get it pretty close, and that would be a heck of a lot less than painting the whole thing.

How bad are the rust spots preventing safety?

Thanks,

-James
JJJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

nothing?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
bart325is
IH8BART

Sorry dude, got called away for work. The whole car needs paint. There is no use trying to match the new parts to the old paint. The 2 spots are about 1-1.5" round that need to be filled.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart325is View Post
Sorry dude, got called away for work. The whole car needs paint. There is no use trying to match the new parts to the old paint. The 2 spots are about 1-1.5" round that need to be filled.
No worries, not a problem - surprised to hear re the paint - looks pretty good in the pics - but regardless, paint doesn't bother me. Did you get my pm? Let me know, thanks

-James
Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
dirtythirty
1st Gear Newbie

Would you be able to post some pictures of the undercarriage?

Still trying to make my mind up about this car.
dirtythirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #12
bart325is
IH8BART

I will take some in the morning. Wait, if you're in Windsor why don't you just come and look at it
Old 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
bart325is
IH8BART

No longer for sale

Well, after a lot of thinking I have decided to keep it. People are leery about buying a non certified car and I can understand that. If I'm gonna patch it and replace the blower motor then I'm gonna keep it and put the doors on and get it painted. Then I can get classic car insurance. It's a great car and I really enjoy driving it.

Of course I could change my mind again in a week.

Admins, please close this thread.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
bart325is
IH8BART

Bump for the beautiful days we are having today and tomorrow. Nice day for someone to take a drive and pick up a car. Still for sale this weekend. I drive it once or twice a week and it runs great.

I'm not interested in posting any more pictures. I've already included a lot of detail about the car. It only costs me $15 a year to keep it. If you're on the fence about it then jump off one way or the other.

2K is lowest I will go. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I'm also on the fence about selling it and the only way I will is if someone simply comes and gives me 2K cash and drives it away. Otherwise I will keep it.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart325is View Post
Bump for the beautiful days we are having today and tomorrow. Nice day for someone to take a drive and pick up a car. Still for sale this weekend. I drive it once or twice a week and it runs great.

I'm not interested in posting any more pictures. I've already included a lot of detail about the car. It only costs me $15 a year to keep it. If you're on the fence about it then jump off one way or the other.

2K is lowest I will go. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I'm also on the fence about selling it and the only way I will is if someone simply comes and gives me 2K cash and drives it away. Otherwise I will keep it.

Thanks.
Care to share your insurance secret? Nice car btw
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: