Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
ZooKeeper
2nd Gear Member

Where to buy Meyle hd control arms locally ?

Hey I'm looking to replace my control arms. The best replacement I found was Meyle hd after reading a lot of reviews. Now I'm stuck trying to find them locally. I checked autopartsway and they do not carry the Meyle hd control arms. Would anyone know where I can buy a set from ?
ZooKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
/Alessandro\
Hellrotted

http://www.fcpgroton.com/
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

Check kijiji, search "e46". I have come across meyle products few times. I believe the ads were from germanparts.ca

I always use suspension parts made by febi/bilstein. This is a top tier brand.
Most of the time i use pelicanparts.com
They have great parts catalog, reasonable prices and shipping rates. They are not cheapest to get parts from, but they have great customer service. They also do not carry any junk brands.

Also, check my for sale ads here, i might have something that you need.

Last edited by mr ilia; 09-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
ZooKeeper
2nd Gear Member

Thanks German parts is selling febi control arms. Didn't know they were a good brand but will be getting those. Are they similar to oem quality or better ?
ZooKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ilia View Post
I always use suspension parts made by febi/bilstein. This is a top tier brand.
It's not. Most parts are made in China and you never know what you are going to get. Also Bilstein part of the name got nothing to do with the Bilstein shock absorber company.

Meyle is also Chinese.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

Febi is very reputable brand. Most their parts I've received says made in Germany on the box. This is not another ebay brand.

Febi is a part of Bilstein group of companies, as their homepage says. I do not think anyone can just slap "Bilstein" on the box just to boost the quality of their product.

I want to add some general rant:
I'm not trying to discredit anyone, but once you start reading a lot of information from many different resources, you will realize many times this is based on hype or "trending" stuff, where knowledge and research was not a top priority.

In case with BMW suspension parts, there is a small number of companies who are very well represented and trusted. Examples - Original BMW, Meyle, Febi, Lemforder, Bilstein, Koni etc...Second best would be - KYB, Karlyn, Corteco, Hutchinson etc...
If you stick with the best, you will be fine. Second best is the second best.

People will argue over the same thing every time opportunity comes up to defend their point of view, and it will never stop.
At the end, choose your parts wisely for the job in hand. Do not cheap out and in a lot of times there is no point paying over and above for what's really needed to be done.

Last edited by mr ilia; 10-01-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: more info
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
SickFinga

Quote:
Febi is very reputable brand. Most their parts I've received says made in Germany on the box. This is not another ebay brand.
Their boxes say Febi Germany, which doesn't mean those parts were made in Germany. Just Google "febi china" and you'll see plenty of stuff slapped with "made in china" stickers. I have Febi control arms on my E34 and nowhere on the box it says where the parts were made, so it's anyone's guess.

Quote:
Febi is a part of Bilstein group of companies, as their homepage says. I do not think anyone can just slap "Bilstein" on the box just to boost the quality of their product.
Febi is not part of the Bilstein company that makes shocks. They got nothing to do with each other. Febi stands for Ferdinand Bilstein, which is why they use Bilstein in their name.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

it seems you're correct on the affiliation between febi and bilstein.
I changed my control arms a while back and do not have any packaging left to check the manufacturing country. I did however find the box that I had my struts mounts shipped and it does say made in Germany.

All in all febi is a very old and recognized parts maker. It has rich history and proven product quality. it was established in Germany in 1850.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Their boxes say Febi Germany, which doesn't mean those parts were made in Germany. Just Google "febi china" and you'll see plenty of stuff slapped with "made in china" stickers. I have Febi control arms on my E34 and nowhere on the box it says where the parts were made, so it's anyone's guess.

Febi is not part of the Bilstein company that makes shocks. They got nothing to do with each other. Febi stands for Ferdinand Bilstein, which is why they use Bilstein in their name.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

We sell Meyle HD!

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: