Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
nnnalex
2nd Gear Member

BMW Swap Meets ???

Hey guys I just realized that there arent really any swap meets here in the GTA area for BMW enthusiasts . I know there are alot of BMW scrappers in the area but thats not it. The only swap meet I'm aware of is the one at Bimmercruise , but even that isnt any good at all actually, AND its once a year ,LOL

I'd like to find out it if anyone is interested in a monthly swap meet. I know there are monthly and even weekly meets at some parking lots where everyone just parks their cars and shoots the sh1t but wouldnt you guys wanna do a swap meet as well?

I dont know about other BMW owners but I've got boxes and boxes of used and some new BMW parts that I've collected through the years of owning BMWs and just generally being around BMWs all the time. Alot of these parts have been laying around with no use for over 4 years and I just dont wanna throw them away. Im not trying to make money here , I think its more of a fun thing do to on a nice weekend when you just wanna have some time of home. We can swap or sell parts , we can decide what year and what series bmw parts we have here on this board so that people dont come to the swap meet expecting E9 parts, and find out that its full of E36 parts and they just wasted a drive.

What do you guys think? Go or a no go ? Or is there a bmw swap meet already existent that Im not aware of?
nnnalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Isn't it a PITA to lug all that stuff out?
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like a cool idea.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
mclovin
3rd Gear Member

Yea sounds like a great idea!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
nnnalex
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen View Post
Isn't it a PITA to lug all that stuff out?
I dont think it will be , plus you dont necessary need to bring ALL of your stuff.

We can keep this thread going or make a new thread dedicated to Swap Meet topics, where we can discuss what people have and what people need/want. This way if someone actually has what John A needs then he will bring it out to a swap meet.

We could make it a once a month type meet and discuss the date and time in the thread. First we would need to set a location, or we could change locations from time to time. There are many low traffic parking lots that get little to no traffic on the weekends , and its not gonna be a Flea Mrket type of meet , so we wouldnt need a permission to be there.

Only problem I see right now is with this Board's sale policy. Mods might think that we are selling items on here BUT its not that. Im trying to create a Gathering of BMW enthusiasts who have BMW parts laying around with no use and are willing to either trade them for other things , whether kit would be BMW/Volvo/Audi parts or a snowboard or even a car seat.

I just need people to back me up so I can actually start thinking on whats gonna be involved with setting this thing off.
nnnalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
wolf_e39
2nd Gear Member

hey i have tons of e39 parts this is a great idea count me in
wolf_e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

I'd be in.

I have a ton of my E36 parts that I kept after I sold the E36. I need to find them a good home...

Wouldn't mind finding some E46 stuff, too.

Damon Choy - 17 years of age - First: E36 328iC Second: E46 330ci M-Sport (Imola/Alcantara)
2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Pkg. - Le Mans Sunset - Black leather - ARC Titanium shift knob
Chargespeed carbon fiber trunk lip - 19" VarrsToen ES 3.2.2 - Impul headers - Muffler delete
Tein MonoFlex coilovers - Tomei test pipe - Toyo R888/Michelin Pilot Sport - Central20 3.9 FD
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I'd check it out for sure.... I don't have any parts to trade, but I'm curious to see what E39 parts would show up.
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: