Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #31
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinanstu View Post
New drivers, regardless where they are from, pay higher rates because of the risk.
New immigrants are considered new drivers right ?
What if they have 25 years experience in thier country, say they come from USA ??
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #32
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

I moved from NS in 93, I was considered a new driver, with 11 years being licensed. What they want to hear is how long you've been insured, clean and documented.
The insurance companies can adjust there qualifications to ensure the finances.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

serious .... 25 cents is all you can pay in pennies .... lol.. .

nowdays they wont even take them ....
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #34
sirex
King Sirex

I like how anything that has to do with talking about speed limits always brings up Germany. Like it's the greatest place in the world for driving and somehow their drivers are also the best in the world. Like it was invented there or something.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #35
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
driver training in germany is much more serious than it is here. the test you have to pass to get a drivers licence in germany is 45 minutes long with a huge failure rate (afaik like 40%).

you actually have to be a good driver to get a license there.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #36
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
New drivers, regardless where they are from, pay higher rates because of the risk. They used to crank rates if you were out of province!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
New immigrants are considered new drivers right ?
What if they have 25 years experience in thier country, say they come from USA ??
Quote:
I moved from NS in 93, I was considered a new driver, with 11 years being licensed. What they want to hear is how long you've been insured, clean and documented.
The insurance companies can adjust there qualifications to ensure the finances.
When you are coming to Ontario from out of province (or country) there are 2 different criteria considered: previous licencing and previous insurance.

The MTO will issue a G1, G2, or G based on your previous licencing. The insurance industry only cares about your previous insurance history + what level licence the MTO issues you.

If you are coming from any other province or the USA, with proper documentation (experience letters from prior companies), you generally will get credit for all of your prior insurance experience. Insurance experience from other countries may earn you up to a maximum of a 3* rate.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #37
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
driver training in germany is much more serious than it is here. the test you have to pass to get a drivers licence in germany is 45 minutes long with a huge failure rate (afaik like 40%).

actually if you know any of the instructors here in ontario they will tell you that they have to fail %30 of the people they do tests with. It doesn't matter who they are but they must fail 30% .. so when you do a test and they don't like you your most likely to fail for something small like "you didnt look in the mirrors enough".

The problem is the people that keep going back to take the test .. I remember seeing an article about an old indian lady that finally got her license after her 108th test. WTF!

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #38
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post

so failure rates is a measuring stick
Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I like how anything that has to do with talking about speed limits always brings up Germany. Like it's the greatest place in the world for driving and somehow their drivers are also the best in the world. Like it was invented there or something.
That's because other countries are doing better.
newbe46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #40
P90Puma
1st Gear Newbie

People are actually defending the left lane campers in this thread, are you kidding me.

My plate is

"KP RIGHT"

135i.

Hopefully you'll understand the middle finger I give you as I pass you on the right after flashing my highbeams at you and you don't MOVE OVER.
P90Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #41
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
If you didnt know, the posted speed limit on 400 series highways in Ontario is 100 kph.

Blame the government, not the drivers.

With the amount of braindead new immigrants in the GTA, you will have this happen more often than not until the become accustomed to driving on the shitty 401.
I don't think they are braindead. They just work 3-4 jobs and sleep while they drive. Taxi drivers always sleep while they drive. I have seen it many times. Btw I rented a car in Africa and some very shady parts of the world..... Toronto is the only place where I can see two cars merging in one lane on the 401 at the same time, and speeding away to avoid the crash. They are just too tired to look over for a blind spot.
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #42
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P90Puma View Post
People are actually defending the left lane campers in this thread, are you kidding me.

My plate is

"KP RIGHT"

135i.

Hopefully you'll understand the middle finger I give you as I pass you on the right after flashing my highbeams at you and you don't MOVE OVER.
Right lane, supposed to be the slow lane has been the fast lane for a while now.

When you flashed your high beam, they will purposely slow down just to frustrate you more.. just go right and come back in....lol
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Right lane, supposed to be the slow lane has been the fast lane for a while now.

When you flashed your high beam, they will purposely slow down just to frustrate you more.. just go right and come back in....lol
Yah, I would even tap on the brake pedal to make the brake lights come on as I'm driving to back those high beam suckers off. Or better yet, give them a brake test.
newbe46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
brake checking people is retarded. you're actually risking that the idiot behind you is a good driver and is paying attention.

when people tailgate me, i get off the gas to the point i'm doing 40. if you're going to run into me, i'd rather you do it slowly.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #45
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe46 View Post
Yah, I would even tap on the brake pedal to make the brake lights come on as I'm driving to back those high beam suckers off. Or better yet, give them a brake test.
I never understood this mentality. If someone wants to go by, let them. You don't need to get offended by a horn or a flash. People get stuck on trivial events that occur on the road daily. There is no need to dwell on such a minor encounter.

I have always believed passing on the right is dangerous just due to the fact that the lanes to the right are for slower traffic, but I find myself falling into bad driving habits (such as passing on the right) because there is zero etiquette on the highway. If you are in the left lane you should be going faster than the people on the right.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: