Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Guelphguy
2nd Gear Member

Red Light Camera Ticket....

I know there has been the odd thread about Red Light Camera tickets and there seems to be some that say, yeah fight it and get the ticket reduced or no, don't fight because then they may charge you with a moving violation......just want to ask again...here is my scenario...

My GF works as a nurse in downtown T.O., dropped her off at work for 3pm, took her Toyota Tacoma, and had my daughter and was to taking her to the CNE, it was a nightmare! Took over two hours to get to the CNE from downtown becuase traffic was such a mess!
Anyway, was cruising down lakeshore, under the Gardiner...remember seeing a flash, sure enough my GF just got a $325 red light ticket in the mail...ugh...
She was at work, obviously was me...but anyway, here is a case where she was NOT driving and at work, I was driving, there is no picture of who is driving!
Would this be a good case to try and at least get the damn fine reduced?

Opinions?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
damameke
6th Gear Member

With red light ticket,it doesn't matter who was driving,I had one a long while ago,they sent you the picture? I went to plead down to $75 plus surcharge.
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Guelphguy
2nd Gear Member

They did send the picture, just the back of the truck going through. How do you plead? Just as simple as asking for the fine to be reduced?
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guelphguy View Post
They did send the picture, just the back of the truck going through. How do you plead? Just as simple as asking for the fine to be reduced?
Thanks!
Yes,I said I was too close to stop and will pay a lower fine now the judge said
How about $75? That's it
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

yah just state your case why you ran the red light... apologize... and ask for a lower fine but NO POINTS. If you don't have a good excuse, just say you honestly weren't paying attention for that one split second... Do not say you got a call from the gf on your iphone and decided to answer it! :p
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

^^ The red light camera tickets do not come with points, and do not affect your insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
^^ The red light camera tickets do not come with points, and do not affect your insurance.
this is because they cant prove who was driving unless they caught that in the photo. If you didnt already admit to doing it you can say you were at a poker party and someone borrowed the car to get a pizza or some shit.

This is bullshit because if you caught any car on camera stealing or leaving your lot (business or home) and catch his license plate and all the cops will tell you they cant do anything unless they catch the persons face on camera.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: