Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-13-2002, 12:01 AM   #16
M-sport
2nd Gear Member

Here are a couple more shots of the e46 M3 GT body from HPI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw6.jpg (57.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-13-2002, 12:02 AM   #17
M-sport
2nd Gear Member

One more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0014-2.jpg (28.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 03-13-2002, 12:09 AM   #18
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd

I buy all my HPI stuff from Advance Hobbies in Scarboro (on Sheppard just east of Kennedy) They also carry FG 1/5 scale cars (I'm gonna buy one soon) They have awsome prices and usually get stuff before anyone else (Hong Kong connections). I've spent almost $1500.00 on my car (0.15 motor, 2-speed box, tuned pipe, K&N filter etc...) and it's fu*kin' fast! You can get a Nitro starter kit with remote for like $450.00 I think.
Hey Empower I also buy my things from them also,Albert is a good person but I deal with Alex or Bill.Good prices and very knowledgable about the r/c scene.HPI is for the recreational racers,you must go into the Serpent/Impulses..Mugens....Team Associates to really be competitive....I clocked my Mugen MTX going 70km with the Novarossi .12 with the K&N filter,it was a blurr going past me...for the beginners electric is a better choice,but the Nitro is awesome if you know the right fuel/air mixture and the proper tweaking of the engine.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 04:46 AM   #19
S50_boy
2nd Gear Member

i want to get one...randy you said 450.....what exactly would that get me..what bodies could i have???whats the best price.i want the gas no elcetric..doesent have to be super fast.. just want one to play with
S50_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 09:11 AM   #20
87e30
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 87e30
does anyone know where I can get a R/C E30? m3 or regular
87e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 09:40 AM   #21
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by S50_boy
i want to get one...randy you said 450.....what exactly would that get me..what bodies could i have???whats the best price.i want the gas no elcetric..doesent have to be super fast.. just want one to play with
For $450.00 you get EVERYTHING except the gas and batteries. The kit is still really fast and I think now they even include bearings and a recessed skid plate too (good thing). You have a choice of bodies, but don't get discouraged if you buy one with a body you don't like.. for $40.00 you get any body (depending on wheelbase) you want... I've got 3 bodies (McLaren F1, Lancer Evo 5, Ferrari F355). They have a website to see what's available. Gas has it's disadvantages too.... It's really messy and the fuel/air mixture isn't always right.... and don't breath the fumes!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #22
daytona
6th Gear Member

Empower

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd

For $450.00 you get EVERYTHING except the gas and batteries. The kit is still really fast and I think now they even include bearings and a recessed skid plate too (good thing). You have a choice of bodies, but don't get discouraged if you buy one with a body you don't like.. for $40.00 you get any body (depending on wheelbase) you want... I've got 3 bodies (McLaren F1, Lancer Evo 5, Ferrari F355). They have a website to see what's available. Gas has it's disadvantages too.... It's really messy and the fuel/air mixture isn't always right.... and don't breath the fumes!
Empower did you try the HPI 3(ready to run),looks like a clean package here for a fair price.You just fuel and batteries and your ready to roll.....
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:45 AM   #23
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Yeah!... that's the one I'm talking about. The HPI 3 "ready to run" pre-assembled kit. I didn't buy that kit, but it's perfect for a beginner or someone that doesn't want to go all-out.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: