Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

My E46 Tune

To start off I only have a 323i so I wasn't looking for huge gains here. Just wanted a little extra pep if you will.

Tune was done by Mark Dasilva. I have seen a lot of good reviews on his work so gave it a try. Dropped by his place over the weekend and he answered all my questions before we got started.

This guy deserves his reputation. I feel a noticeable gain in gears 1 to 4. Car is definitely more responsive and has consistent power delivery through the rpm range. I already have a conforti intake installed as my only other performance modification.

To add, he was real easy going and knowledgeable. He even offered to restore back to stock if I wasn't happy with the gains, what more could I ask for .
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Mind disclosing now much you paid? I know his labour is not cheap.

Any dyno figures before/after?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

I'd rather you contact him for pricing details but I find his prices reasonable when considering a Dinan tune. Hos prices vary depending on the car but range between 375 and 425. I also thought about the shark injector... This seemed to be the most reliable bang for my buck.

As for dyno, no I did not run my car on it.. It would obviously be difficult for me to report numbers as a result. Again I'm not interested in modding my car to beat a 330i or anything. Just wanted a bit of extra power that I could feel. When I got my intake I noticed a very slight improvement. With the tune it was definitely noticeable.

A correction to my first post, I spelled his name wrong. It's Mark D'Sylva also known as MarkD
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: