Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #16
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysneon View Post
Personally I think Delrin is overkill for most things on a car that's going to be driven on the street. A good poly part is what I prefer. That being said, I do have the Condor Speedshop delrin front control arm bushings.
Yes, delrin is harder, so it will transmit more vibration into the car, however it is less likely to squeak like poly does. I have AKG poly CABs and they are noisy.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #17
Roysneon
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yes, delrin is harder, so it will transmit more vibration into the car, however it is less likely to squeak like poly does. I have AKG poly CABs and they are noisy.
Yeah, my CABs still squeak, but its the vibration transfer that bothers me more than a bit of noise. My car is noisy no matter what though. The front control arm bushings are one thing that I don't think you can really go to stiff with as it really does make a difference and the harshness transfer isn't too bad. For most I don't think that the solid rear diff bushing or subframe bushings are worth it over urethane, and the rear trailing arm bushings are supposed to move on more than one axis. If you have solid (delrin) bushings there, they're going to be limited in terms of their intended operation.

All of this is my opinion/theory of course, and as with any discussion about comfort/ride it's all about what you find acceptable.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Roysneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Hey all - just checking in.

Following careful consideration of all the discussion here and elsewhere, I have happily ordered the following bits: H&R Race springs, Bilstein Sports, Turner rear strut brace (I already have one at the front), Polyurethane bushings (rear trailing arm, rear subframe), and the Aluminium/rubber rear shock mounts from Turner.

Though I said I was mostly stock, the car also recently got fixed-3-degree camber plates, M3 offset bushings at the front and the turner chassis reinforcement kit. Those last two were installed by Sir and Master Glarner themselves - I recommend them highly whether you are local or not. (Think about it, get excellent work done on your car, while you get to drool / kneel at the sight of an M1 and more!)

I don't contribute as much as some to Max, so I very sincerely appreciate all the input you've all provided here. If I haven't followed your particular advice this time, don't despair: I'll be back after some more track experience. I'm "all-in" to my E30 for life. You've all heard that before, but I've had mine for 7 years now. It's been treated to a brand new M20 amongst other major things. So many times I could have bought something newer and faster, but I haven't. (My wife has a 335i so I do appreciate the newer stuff, but it just makes me appreciate the E30 even MORE!) This is going to be a 50 year car for me.

The shipment just cleared customs so I will post pics of shiny bits as soon as I get them!

Cheers again!

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #19
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

So all will be installed for the oct school?

Are you coming to Bimmercruise ?
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #20
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Yep, should be all in for October school. Can't do BimmerCruise due to rotten family commitments lol

Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Obligatory / promised pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89651674@N00/9599811641/

Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
BigD
the misanthropist

Hope you have better luck with those H&Rs than I did. Gave my car the rake of a dually towtruck and made it understeer like a bitch.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #23
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Here's what H&R Sport springs and Bilstein sports shocks will give you under hard cornering...,

Anyone have a compass to measure that angle?

Hopefully your H&R Race springs are much more stiffer if you plan on tracking... Don't get me wrong, the sport springs are still fun to track with, just not the best...
Nerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Fair enough - but this is me before the upcoming upgrade - and you don't even need any instrument to see THAT angle lol...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8965167...9858/lightbox/

Old 08-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #25
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus View Post
Fair enough - but this is me before the upcoming upgrade - and you don't even need any instrument to see THAT angle lol...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8965167...9858/lightbox/
I see what you mean... I thought my lean was bad
Nerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #26
macming
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerk View Post
Here's what H&R Sport springs and Bilstein sports shocks will give you under hard cornering...,

Anyone have a compass to measure that angle?

Hopefully your H&R Race springs are much more stiffer if you plan on tracking... Don't get me wrong, the sport springs are still fun to track with, just not the best...
If you go any faster through that comer, your front bumper will scrape the pavement lol!
macming is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: