Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

What is the Best E46 M3 Adjustable Suspension?

Looking to buy adjustable dampening suspension for my 06 ZCP M3 and just looking for input in what people think is the best for street and some track use.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

What's your budget? Some good ones... Multimatic, Ohlins, Moton.

I went with hotbits because you get the customization ability of the (above mentioned) high-dollar systems with durable (Race proven) quality and most importantly local GTA service (no waiting 3 months for Koni to send your back from a rebuild).

If you're looking for a good set of low-budget coilovers, check out HSD or BC Racing.. both a good set of mono-tube (much better design over twin-tube) sets sold by JRP & StanceFactory (respectively).... both capable of shipping to Ottawa.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

Hotbits seems to look like a decent suspension at a reasonable price, but I don't think that they offer in car adjustable dampening which I was looking for. I want something that is decent in price and won't cost me a fortune. Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

What you're looking for is something like the Tein EDFC system which allows on-the-fly (in car) adjustments by using a controller and stepping motors on each shock corner. The controller has presets too. It's designed to run on some of their coilovers - Super Street & Euro Damper (not all).. refer to their website for applications. Installation is obviously a bitch... running wires to all corners of the car.

JRP in Mississauga is the Canadian importer of Tein and will ship to Ottawa. Maybe if you mention my name (Randy Sparre), they'll give you a better deal (I have a close relationship with them). Be warned though, Tein's are twin tube and not as robust and/or ride-compliant as a mono-tube constructed damper (their top model "flex" series are mono tube though).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

After doing more research I have come to the understanding that the mono tube shock with the in car adjustable dampening is not my best option to go with. Although the in car dampening really sparked my interest. I guess I'm going to continue my search... But the above noted options are a possibility. Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: