Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #61
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Got it for 14k 189,000kms all maintenance done black interior 6spd fully loaded. Even has adjustable bolsters.
I was going to guess 2002-2003 with 190K on it... Good Price.

Since on the topic of Market Price, that is about correct.

100,000KM seems to benchmark for a 2002 BMW to have the highest value.
Even lower KM, in the eyes of blackbook, it doesn't increase the value.

Although, I would pay $$$ if I found a 50K KM documented car, and wanted to M3 as a collectors car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002M3_189K.jpg (68.5 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 2002M3_100K.jpg (69.0 KB, 141 views)
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #62
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
^Relax on setting up races with your broke pile. Beat the M5 then come talk to me.
I heard e92 m3s are piles compared to your super m3
Old 08-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #63
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

black/blue book doesnt mean much for these cars
Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #64
Derek
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
I heard e92 m3s are piles compared to your super m3
Who said that?

Carbon Black / Black ///M3
TC Kline Coilovers, Scorza Exhaust, ZHP knob, TFX Retrofit, OEM LED, HRE 546R, AP Headers,
F1R Stage 2 Clutch, Prolite Flywheel, TMS Pedals, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, Euro Tune.

Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #65
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Well done, that price sounds about right given the mileage, the options (adjustable bolsters = sweet), and the mods listed on your signature.

Don't take this the wrong way because if you're happy with your purchase then, obviously that's all that matters, however here's the other side of the coin and the thought process...
After searching for the right car for three years and having to pass on several that were just what I wanted due to the circumstances of the moment, all of the stars aligned latest October and I finally made my move. It's a 2005 M3, CB over cinnamon, a thorough look at the underside confirmed it hadn't been wintered, it had dealer service records to corroborate the mileage, it was stock, it came with a set of oem 18's and oem 19's (tyres were brand new on the 19's), and it was just over 70k km. I paid $30k taxes in, and am every bit as happy to have paid that as I'm sure you are to have paid 14k for yours.
I guess what I'm saying is that everyone has their priorities and those define the parameters from which they structure their search. The market will bear what it will bear and if you find the right thing then oftentimes you're willing to pay the premium for it. I'd say that's either smart pricing on the end of the seller because they know their product and they know their target buyer, or the luck for the buyer who happens to find a seller with exactly what he's looking for for a price he's willing to pay... Or, it's both of those things.

Anecdotally, early this year a good friend of mine bought his 2005 silver on black M3 with 150k km on it for $21k and was pleased as punch with himself until we switched up rides and he felt for himself the difference between a well used (and probably well loved), higher mileage car and a lightly used, lower mileage car of the same build month. Now he's into all sorts of maintenance to get his ride up to par with mine.

Just my thoughts. And again, congratulations on the new car!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
FermiParadox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #66
dbworld4k
Addict

A well thought out, positively contributing post?!?!

IMPOSSIBRU!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #67
Derek
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FermiParadox View Post
Well done, that price sounds about right given the mileage, the options (adjustable bolsters = sweet), and the mods listed on your signature.

Don't take this the wrong way because if you're happy with your purchase then, obviously that's all that matters, however here's the other side of the coin and the thought process...
After searching for the right car for three years and having to pass on several that were just what I wanted due to the circumstances of the moment, all of the stars aligned latest October and I finally made my move. It's a 2005 M3, CB over cinnamon, a thorough look at the underside confirmed it hadn't been wintered, it had dealer service records to corroborate the mileage, it was stock, it came with a set of oem 18's and oem 19's (tyres were brand new on the 19's), and it was just over 70k km. I paid $30k taxes in, and am every bit as happy to have paid that as I'm sure you are to have paid 14k for yours.
I guess what I'm saying is that everyone has their priorities and those define the parameters from which they structure their search. The market will bear what it will bear and if you find the right thing then oftentimes you're willing to pay the premium for it. I'd say that's either smart pricing on the end of the seller because they know their product and they know their target buyer, or the luck for the buyer who happens to find a seller with exactly what he's looking for for a price he's willing to pay... Or, it's both of those things.

Anecdotally, early this year a good friend of mine bought his 2005 silver on black M3 with 150k km on it for $21k and was pleased as punch with himself until we switched up rides and he felt for himself the difference between a well used (and probably well loved), higher mileage car and a lightly used, lower mileage car of the same build month. Now he's into all sorts of maintenance to get his ride up to par with mine.

Just my thoughts. And again, congratulations on the new car!

Thanks dude! and well said! I didn't want to go nuts on a super clean car because it will be my summer daily and I didn't want to kill my house fund LOL I just wanted something that was well taken care of clean and that I could have fun with and that will put a shit eating grin on my face every time I am behind the wheel and it does just that haha

Didn't need perfection I wouldn't want to ruin a low mileage super beautiful car or be scared of taking it out in the rain fearing dirt underneath it LOL

There are some things still need to be looked at but for the most part it was worth it for me

Carbon Black / Black ///M3
TC Kline Coilovers, Scorza Exhaust, ZHP knob, TFX Retrofit, OEM LED, HRE 546R, AP Headers,
F1R Stage 2 Clutch, Prolite Flywheel, TMS Pedals, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, Euro Tune.

Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #68
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

You could almost rebuild the car for 9k though. lol

even that 30k one will need similar work at this point even with low mileage. old rubber and plastic is old rubber and plastic.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #69
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
black/blue book doesnt mean much for these cars
Actually it does, but oh well.
It's a starting point for pricing retail prices, even for M Cars.

It's the low mileage, or Individual M's that are harder to price.

A wholesale of $11,200 and a retail purchase of $14,000 is about right.

Driving a low mileage M3, that has zero accidents or paint repairs done is indeed difficult.
One mess up and you've pissed away some $$$$.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #70
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
Lets do it LOL
Quote:
Who said that?
Your somthing else.!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #71
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
You could almost rebuild the car for 9k though. lol

even that 30k one will need similar work at this point even with low mileage. old rubber and plastic is old rubber and plastic.
That's not untrue but the reality of that situation is that my friend is spending all sorts of time and effort (on top of the money) trying to track down and identify all the little gremlins that his car has accumulated over its usage. I'd argue that the identification and replacement of each worn component on my car will be a lot less painful and time consuming. To your point though, I got the car in October, drove it for a few weeks, stored it, took it out and a week later spent $3k for Inspection II, new shift lever and carrier bushings, and rtabs to be replaced. Sure the car needs work but I knew what keeping this car in pristine condition was going to cost before I bought it. At the end of the day we're all enthusiasts and we are all after the same thing, a sweet ride that we're happy to just ride around in with nowhere to go and nothing to do because racecar... Am I right?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #72
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
BTW, no need to circumvent "shit," thankfully maX doesn't censor profanity. Lol.
Well **** me sideways ... I thought this cunt of a bitch always replaced words with ****ing stars, no?
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #73
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
Well **** me sideways ... I thought this cunt of a bitch always replaced words with ****ing stars, no?
Uhh... Looks like shit passes the star test. F u c k doesn't. Lol.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #74
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Uhh... Looks like shit passes the star test. F u c k doesn't. Lol.
Do you bother everyone.!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #75
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks dude! and well said! I didn't want to go nuts on a super clean car because it will be my summer daily and I didn't want to kill my house fund LOL I just wanted something that was well taken care of clean and that I could have fun with and that will put a shit eating grin on my face every time I am behind the wheel and it does just that haha

Didn't need perfection I wouldn't want to ruin a low mileage super beautiful car or be scared of taking it out in the rain fearing dirt underneath it LOL

There are some things still need to be looked at but for the most part it was worth it for me
I can totally understand the sentiment! Since the start of my search I've bought a house, got married, had a honeymoon, and travelled from West coast to East coast to attend other friends' weddings and bachelor parties, there was something always keeping me from getting the car until suddenly there wasn't.

As far as being picky and be willing to pay a premium to get a low mileage car optioned exactly how I wanted it, that was more about me knowing that it was taken care of before I got it and the peace of mind that came with that. As for now, I use it as my summer daily rain or shine... My only complaint is that the car is CB which only has two states: clean and beautiful, or dirty and in need of a wash.... There is no in between!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: