Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Rcmp managed to shoot 3 different people in 2 seperate incidents over the weekend...



....also tasered a man - that later died



Quote:
One man is dead after an RCMP officer fatally shot him Saturday night near Pigeon Lake's Ma-Me-O Beach, about 100 kilometres southwest of Edmonton.

Clifton Purvis, head of the Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT), said an officer from the Wetaskiwin detachment pulled over five men in a vehicle to conduct an impaired driving investigation around 9:30 p.m. local time.

Purvis said the uniformed officer, who was working alone in a marked police vehicle, then became involved in an altercation with the five men.

"The RCMP attempted to arrest one individual in relation to the impaired driving investigation and it is at that point that the confrontation with the other four males inside the vehicle occurred," he said.

The officer, feeling threatened, then drew his police service weapon and fired several shots.

A 30-year-old man was fatally wounded and pronounced dead at the scene. A 41-year-old man was sent to Edmonton's Royal Alexandra Hospital where he is currently in stable condition. Both men are from Pigeon Lake.

The three other men from the vehicle are now in RCMP custody.

The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team an independent body that investigates incidents involving serious injury or death that may relate to the actions of a police officer has been called in to investigate.

The RCMP will also be conducting their own investigation into the shooting.

Purvis said the RCMP cruiser was fitted with a video camera, which will help with both investigations.

Third ASIRT investigation in three days

This is the third time ASIRT has been called upon to investigate officer-related incidents this week in Alberta, and the second situation to involve a fatality.

A second man has died one day after an altercation with three RCMP officers in Leduc, said Purvis.

The officers involved in Friday's incident used a taser to subdue the man, who RCMP say was linked to a series of thefts and assaults. An autopsy in now scheduled to determine the cause of death.

On Thursday, a man was shot during an altercation with two RCMP officers near Grande Cache. He is now in stable condition, said Purvis, adding that the injured man is also facing charges in that incident.

ASIRT response

Purvis said three ASIRT teams, including one team brought from Calgary, have been assigned to investigate the three RCMP-involved incidents.

"I can tell you that Albertans should be confident we will conduct a thorough, independent investigation into all three of these incidents," he said, adding that the RCMP have been co-operating fully with ASIRT's independent investigations.

For now, Purvis is unable to estimate how long ASIRT's investigations will take.

"I'm acutely aware that it's really important to try to get these investigations done really quickly but it's more important that we conduct a thorough investigation," he said, adding, "I don't anticipate we would conclude any of these investigations within the next number of months."

In the meantime, however, he says Albertans do not need to worry about their safety with regards to interacting with members of the RCMP. (* the fact that they have to spout this propaganda Means that People ARE WORRIED)

"I don't think, generally speaking, the public needs to worry about being stopped. In fact, I think probably in Canada we are one of the very few jurisdictions worldwide where your first reaction when you get pulled over by police isn't fear it's 'oh gosh, I got a ticket,'" he said.

"We're unique in Canada in that regard and I think we have to work to make sure that we maintain that level of confidence in policing."

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/rcmp-s...ad-1-injured-1
more Comply or DIE from our violent armed overlords
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
5 vs. 1, nothing to indicate that it was excessive force and you still want to paint the cop as the bad guy. You want to have reasonable discussions, but you're choosing to hang this guy out to dry simply because you have a predisposition to believing all cops are evil and that all they do is wrong.

Tell me, what is it in this particular article as written that indicates to you that the shooting was unwarranted? Cops carry guns because occasionally they're necessary, but maybe we should go to less lethal alternatives like tasers? Oh wait, people have medical conditions and die from those too....maybe we should just switch to assertive tones and fist shakes?

More stupidity from the tinfoil army.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 470
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Mounted_Police

but yeah...these articles wouldn't make me sure of them being in this case...
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Baseless condemnation of the RCMP is just as bad as blind praise, and this thread shows that bmdbley'sBro bases his opinion on grudges and hate vs. an actual understanding of facts. Guilty until proven innocent.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
baseless condemnation of the rcmp is just as bad as blind praise, and this thread and every other thread he's posted shows that bmdbley'sbro bases his opinion on grudges and hate vs. An actual understanding of facts. Guilty until proven innocent.
ftfy.
__________________
2015 435i GC Msport - Wife's machine.
2014 M5 - Daily monster
2003.0 M3 - Track / weekend toy

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
newbe46
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
5 vs. 1, nothing to indicate that it was excessive force and you still want to paint the cop as the bad guy. You want to have reasonable discussions, but you're choosing to hang this guy out to dry simply because you have a predisposition to believing all cops are evil and that all they do is wrong.

Tell me, what is it in this particular article as written that indicates to you that the shooting was unwarranted? Cops carry guns because occasionally they're necessary, but maybe we should go to less lethal alternatives like tasers? Oh wait, people have medical conditions and die from those too....maybe we should just switch to assertive tones and fist shakes?

More stupidity from the tinfoil army.

newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
newbe46
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Baseless condemnation of the RCMP is just as bad as blind praise, and this thread shows that bmdbley'sBro bases his opinion on grudges and hate vs. an actual understanding of facts. Guilty until proven innocent.
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
newbe46
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
....also tasered a man - that later died





more Comply or DIE from our violent armed overlords
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Great contributions!

Can't back up your threads OP?
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
5 vs. 1, nothing to indicate that it was excessive force and you still want to paint the cop as the bad guy. You want to have reasonable discussions, but you're choosing to hang this guy out to dry simply because you have a predisposition to believing all cops are evil and that all they do is wrong.
did i now? interesting considering the officer isn't even named.

as for 'all cops are evil and that all they do is wrong' I've never said all cops, although i posted a thread where it was shown how actual good ones are drummed out of the force (former cops words) & if one types police abuse into YT search theres literally tens of thousands of video's of polce action that shock & anger citizens -- but i guess thats All my fault to, eh. I control reality?



Quote:
Tell me, what is it in this particular article as written that indicates to you that the shooting was unwarranted? Cops carry guns because occasionally they're necessary, but maybe we should go to less lethal alternatives like tasers? Oh wait, people have medical conditions and die from those too....maybe we should just switch to assertive tones and fist shakes?

More stupidity from the tinfoil army.
until we see the dash cam, which we probably never will, we will never know.
again what i posted was the police shot alot of people in canada in a 1.5 week period. but due to video cams from the t.o street car shooting, where a cordined off teen was shot 9 x's looks very improper. perahps the police should be dissarmed, except for tactical/swat, british bobbies seemed to manage for decades.


Quote:
Baseless condemnation of the RCMP is just as bad as blind praise, and this thread shows that bmdbley'sBro bases his opinion on grudges and hate vs. an actual understanding of facts. Guilty until proven innocent.
beautiful strawman response: if one critiques or questions something they Must HATE it. you're also being hypocrtical with the blind praise' / loyalty - all cops are infalible thing


Quote:
Great contributions!

Can't back up your threads OP?
this seems worded in a way that makes it seem like perhaps you think newbe46 is me? and in general: nice delusional arguments of a paranoid schizophrenic bro

and what is there to back up 'the truth is out there' for any with eyes to see. proper policing has jumped the shark. we're starting to see open totalitarinism in north america comply or die (imo) and we're all factually more likely to be assaulted or shot by some mental defective with power jacked up on steriods than a 'gangbanger'










__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
did i now? interesting considering the officer isn't even named.
Yes, you are choosing to hang him out to dry by implying he went too far with your comments of "more Comply or DIE from our violent armed overlords". By referencing this incident, you're indeed calling his actions out.

Quote:
again what i posted was the police shot alot of people in canada in a 1.5 week period.
No, you posted a thread likening this shooting to the one in Toronto, despite the fact you have ZERO evidence to suggest that anything questionable took place in this shooting. You're trying to justify your "comply or die" slogan by referencing any incident you can, whether or not it was justifiable homicide.

Quote:
you're also being hypocrtical with the blind praise' / loyalty - all cops are infalible thing
Calling you on your bullshit is blind praise? I forgot, anyone who doesn't hop on board with you is a sheeple/lemming/uniformed. I've agreed several times with your threads that there is some element of justifiable suspicion of the cops actions, this one however you've got nothing to go on...but you still manage to use it to support your agenda.

Quote:
and what is there to back up 'the truth is out there' for any with eyes to see. proper policing has jumped the shark.
There you are again, implying this wasn't a legitimate shooting by attempting to use this incident as ammo for your arguments. Shootings are necessary from time to time, that is not indicative of a totalitarian regime pushing it's way across the country.
__________________

Last edited by calegrant; 08-08-2013 at 07:48 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 470
you guys should thank OP for his posts. Yeah maybe all his conclusions based on his information may be a stretch sometimes or to some people at least....or sometimes we jump to conclusions sooner then we should...but the point is the new info we get at least.

would rather see something than nothing...stop competing with each other...this isnt school
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #13
Slowered318
Reform Luddite
 
Slowered318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,066
It's kinda like Fox News with bonus BMW information here.
__________________
I have a few e30 parts for sale, updated often, discounts for local pickup/delivery. Check out my eBay account for details.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,824
You guys will love this one...

__________________
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #15
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
you guys should thank OP for his posts. Yeah maybe all his conclusions based on his information may be a stretch sometimes or to some people at least....or sometimes we jump to conclusions sooner then we should...but the point is the new info we get at least.

would rather see something than nothing...stop competing with each other...this isnt school
Many of them are in fact exposures of either brutality or police going beyond their authority, I'll give him that. I usually do disagree with his conclusions, but those are his to make so long as he can justify them. What should not be welcomed is the pushing of topics such as this. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it seems as though many members look at this incident the same as they do the Toronto train shooting and that is alarming.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015