Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #151
daytona
6th Gear Member

Give the cop credit 8 of his 9 shots hit the target.In the US cops fire off 20 round and maybe 2 hit its target.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #152
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

If anything if the reports of 8 shots connecting are true, then this is even more disturbing.
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #153
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
The training they get on the matter is anyone with a knife within 21ft of themselves or a civilian is considered an imidiate threat, which corilates to the 2.5 seconds that the average person can travel and do harm with the knife (knife is a knife, regardless of size). By that standard yes be was technically a threat

None of use were there, and are making judgements against them from a cell phone video.
He was down after the first three shots,store video proof that,I highly doubt he was a threat after that,he was hit 8 times,I was told by a cop friend first three shots were hits,it was the 8th or 9th shots that was a miss.I support cops and think they have a extremely hard job but this cop lost it after the first three shots and it could have been handled better.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #154
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Please do not try to provide escalation of force instructions when you're neither qualified nor capable of doing so.
What does me being 'Capable' of applying use of force tactics have to do with anything? And I have also been in situations in a previous job where I have had to apply them, on a daily basis.

Also, I may not be as qualified as you (I'm assuming you're in law enforcement). But I still have had on job training in the past.

Don't be condescending, the officer was in the wrong, so was the victim. I'm not disagreeing with what you have to say.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #155
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
What does me being 'Capable' of applying use of force tactics have to do with anything? And I have also been in situations in a previous job where I have had to apply them, on a daily basis.

Also, I may not be as qualified as you (I'm assuming you're in law enforcement). But I still have had on job training in the past.

Don't be condescending, the officer was in the wrong, so was the victim. I'm not disagreeing with what you have to say.
You carried a firearm on a daily basis and had the training to go with it? Basic instruction of de-escalation and use of force does not make an individual a proper candidate on firearm instruction. I was referring to your suggestion on shooting him in the leg, that's in no way an effective way of taking out a threat who is moving towards you. You making this suggestion is why I said you're incapable of providing proper instruction or able to condemn the initial shots.

It's easy to observe this situation in hindsight and make a suggestion on how it could have been handled, however the police did not have that option at the time. That is why they and nearly every other police/military force around take centre of mass shots, more likely to curb a threat.

Ideally it'd be great had the officers had tasers to begin with, but we all know those have been taken away because "less lethal" usually translates to being used more often. I'll wager a guess that that's exactly why they're now only carried by supervisors.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: