The car is a 1984 325e, bronzit on brown/white interior. The mileage is unknown because the cluster was swapped out for a 325i cluster when the 885 head was swapped on, but I can dig out the used car package that the MTO gave me and figure out roughly what the mileage is if you really want to know. I bought the car back in 2009 from a guy who had been working on a turbo build using ebay turbo bits but didn't quite finish it. I worked on the car on and off until I finished it up and started driving it last year (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134206
). I drove it all summer and all winter into this year and the only issue I had with it was that a rotten rear brake line burst on me, other than that it’s been quite reliable.
- Has a turbo! The tune is still conservative but for reference, as it sits, it crept away from my a friend's 3rd gen STi which has a Cobb intake and 94 octane tune, and it walked away from another friend's 2nd gen impreza hatchback that dynoed at 226awhp. So my guess is that it's making somewhere around 250-260whp at ~8-10psi.
- ARP head studs
- DIYPNP engine management with AFR and Boost gauges
- Brand new Bosch 42# injectors installed last year
- Rear hard and soft brake lines brand new this year
- New front left and rear right brake callipers
- Brand new M3 control arm bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends installed last year along with front end alignment
- Vogtland lowering springs and KYB shocks.
- It actually has a working radio in it (CD/MP3 disc player)...
- The interior is still in pretty good shape
- Sun roof still works!
- No etest required which is great for boosted old beaters.
- Like most Canadian E30's of this vintage the body has seen better days. This particular example is in rough shape.
- A seal on the steering rack recently went and seems to be pulling air into the system because the steering has become unevenly stiff.
- When the PO swapped the 885 head on he neglected to replace all of the seals, and the valve stem seals were shot, so engine breaking anywhere north of 3000rpm will put up a James Bond smoke screen. However I can include a set of valve stem seals with the car if you want.
- The wiring for the electric fan needs troubleshooting. The PO wired it up and it never worked. I’ve tested the fan and it works, just never got around to checking out his wiring.
- Passenger side power window motor is shot
- Trunk doesn't lock
- Dash is cracked (big surprise)
I'm looking to get $1200 FIRM for the car AS IS. The parts alone that I listed above are worth more than that, I just want to avoid the hassle having to part the car out. If it doesn't sell for that, then it will get parted out.
No test pilots, but I will take any interested buyers for a spin. The car is still insured and on the road, I am willing to deliver it anywhere within a 30km radius of Guelph, any further than that and we'll have to agree on a delivery fee.
I don't have any recent pictures of the car, and unfortunately my photobucket bandwidth isn't going to reset until Saturday so the pics in my build thread won't show up but you can still see them here http://s575.photobucket.com/user/Ste...ry/325%20turbo
I'll post some up new pictures this week after I give the car a wash and vacuum.
You guys get first dibs. After I get some pictures of it it's going up on kijiji.