Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

how do i attach a 3.5 mm cable to my radio?

in my m3 i have a aftermarket sony stereo that flips down to put a cd in. i dont really know the exact model. i was wondering if anyone knew how to take it out and how to set up a 3.5 mm cable to come out so i can attatch my i phone to it for music.
thanks,
matt
matt123494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
SickFinga

Get the model number and check if it supports auxiliary line in. If not then you won't be able to do it without some hacking.

To remove your deck, remove the bezel around then. Then you'll need keys to remove it. You stick them on the side of the deck and pull. If you don't have the keys, you'll need something long and thin.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Get the model number and check if it supports auxiliary line in. If not then you won't be able to do it without some hacking.

To remove your deck, remove the bezel around then. Then you'll need keys to remove it. You stick them on the side of the deck and pull. If you don't have the keys, you'll need something long and thin.
one of the settings is aux so it does support it but once i pull the unit out will there be a 3.5 jack and i plug a cord into and run it to my i pod?
matt123494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123494 View Post
one of the settings is aux so it does support it but once i pull the unit out will there be a 3.5 jack and i plug a cord into and run it to my i pod?
No idea. Get the deck's model number and you can check the specs online. I'm not an audio expert, but most Sony decks with 3.5mm aux jack have it in the front.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
tofubomb
1st Gear Newbie

I used to do installs and have a Sony deck in my beater but there's an AUX in the front. If there's an AUX option most likely than not there would be an input in the back (if not in front). You'll just need to run a longer cable. The Pioneer deck I had before was like this (design-wise, the previous gen had the higher end decks with AUX at the back so the front looks cleaner. Not sure with the newer ones).

It takes less than a minute (with the keys) to pull it out to check so if you don't want to look for specs then just do it quick and dirty.

Also, how old's the deck? if there's a USB input in front or back, it may be compatible with the iPod.
tofubomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: