I just wanted to get a feeler on my M3. I posted it last year because I wanted to get into a Honda S2000 (I know, right?) but after driving plenty of those, I quickly started appreciating low and mid range torque. However, the drop-top itch needs to be scratched (that 1/3rd of a life crisis isn't going to happen by itself) but this time I'll stick to a german inline 6.
On to the car:
I bought it in 2010. Since then I put about 50,000 KMs on it (a few trips to mtl, chicago or NYC will add up really quickly). I took it to the track about 4 times (did pretty well at autoX) and haven't had any major issues. She's been babied all her life and to my knowledge has not seen snow.
Asking price: $14750 (safety / certified)
Contact: please use e36 at homail dot com as I don't check the forum that regularly.
• Canadian spec, Sports package
• 5 speed manual
• 4 door sedan
• Helrot Red on black leather interior – detailed and vacuumed obsessively a few times each season
• OEM Clear lights all around with LaminX on the headlights.
• Body is in really good condition, no scratches or door dings. It is showing some stone chips on the hood. Hand washed with buckets and sponges and waxed regularly. There is no rust on the body or underneath.
• Goodridge GStop Stainless Steel brake lines
• KW V2 coilovers (adjustable damping and height)
• 10 mm spacers in the front
• Convertible XBrace installed
• Illuminated M shift knob
• Pioneer mvh-p8200bt headunit (lights match the interior lights), I still have the original unit.
Maintenance (I know I'm missing some stuff, this is from the top of my head. I'll update the thread if things get more serious):
to be done next week:
• O2 sensor
Since brought out from storage in May:
• Front set of Direzza Z2 installed on Monday
• Center Shaft Bearing
Since 2009 (in no particular order)
• Countless oil/filter changes
• Cooling system flush
• AC and Aux belts
• Full brake job: Brembo (F) and Zimmerman (R) rotors with EBC GreenStuff pads
• Fan clutch and aux fan switch
• Rear tires (Dunlop Direzza 1, 80%)
• Spark plugs and boots
• PS Return line + fluid
• Cabin filter, engine air filter
• OEM Vanos (sept. ’09)
• Cam sensor
• All Fluids flushed
• Cooling system overhaul
• Engine & tranny mounts
Photos from 2010 when I bought her, I will try to post new ones soon. Really, nothing has changed at all. She sits about 2-3cm higher than back then.