Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

Kijiji Listing; Don't waste your time.

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to warn everyone about this e30 I found on kijiji.
The seller told me he had a long list of appointments so I was hoping to spare you guys the aggravation.
I contacted the seller and was told the car would start with a new battery, no rust, everything mint, 130000 kms.
I went down with a truck full of parts to fix it up; air tank, wheels, fluids, filters, battery, and more... I quickly realized my efforts were in vain.
Get down there to find the vehicle is covered in weeds, even some growing from inside the trunk. Rusted right out, "vandalized" ie scratched beyond repair, and 260000kms. I wanted to see the trunk for kicks but that wouldn't open. Then I asked to see the engine to try and salvage something but that wouldn't open either. The entire car was seized up.
The seller told me he was the original owner but when I told him that there's no such thing as a 320 he told me it was the precursor to the 320i... On inspection it was a 325e.
The interior is the only thing worth something; black cloth with a grey pattern, not bad shape.
Unfortunately the poor seller is delusional and wants 1500... I'm not trying to be mean by saying delusional, but the seller lost his son in the car and had an emotional attachment to it.

Anyways I hope this thread saves someone what I just went through!
Farintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

WTF, Lost his son IN the car!?? Is this the european version of Christine!??
In any case, $500 tops...Might come with free ghost.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

LOL... Reminds me of the first one I bought as an impulse buy after getting shut out on a deal that fell apart. It was a colossal piece of shit for pretty good money. Shitty deal man.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
DIRT_Racer
2nd Gear Member

that sucks.
Hey karmatose!! thanks again for the deal on your old parts.
I had pulled the original engine and will machine and clean it in the winter.
the engine I got from you, is running ON THE TRACK at Ohsweken. first night of racing, the temp sending unit came out, pumped out ALL the water on track. ran more laps, the engine was SOOO hot, water boiled as it went into the rad. the engine wouldnt run without throttle and the oil pressure was about 2 PSI because the oil was so hot it thinned right out.

engine survived, its still in the car and running, thank goodness for STP!

See the #90 DIRT 318i @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Just cause it has BMW logo, doesnt mean the logo is MADE OF PURE GOLD. If its rusted and 20 years old. ITS RUSTED AND 20 YEARS OLD!!!

Locked Your DIff and hate it?

Give me a shout, will buy em up cheap, DIRT tracks are the ONLY place for a welded diff!!
DIRT_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
DIRT_Racer
2nd Gear Member

oh, and thespark plug wires MELTED to the plugs, I had to hammer a socket on them to brake the plastic away to get them out!

See the #90 DIRT 318i @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Just cause it has BMW logo, doesnt mean the logo is MADE OF PURE GOLD. If its rusted and 20 years old. ITS RUSTED AND 20 YEARS OLD!!!

Locked Your DIff and hate it?

Give me a shout, will buy em up cheap, DIRT tracks are the ONLY place for a welded diff!!
DIRT_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

LOL! Glad that ol' M10 is finding some good use as it was the only good part about that car. Super stoked that it's being pushed hard. Sucks about the cooling issue though. Hopefully ya'll get that sorted out in short order.

Send me a PM the next time you're running. I'd love to come spectate or crew for ya if you need some extra hands.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: