Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
jameswbl
3rd Gear Member

Angry too good to be true???!!! 2008 M3

not sure if this car belongs to any of you

saw a 2008 M3 with only 24000km on autotrader for $51900 on autotrader

I was like sweet mileage so I emailed the guy...

the guy told me the car was owed by a famous doctor and himself a professional, the car is the real deal and always stored hence the mileage...

I told him as seen on the autotrader photos that the front tires are worn unevenly. They dont look like they would pass safety and with possible suspension issues. I told him I dont want to buy a car with worn tires, so I asked him about them and a discount if possible (19 inch tires are like $500), they said they are fine still got 2mm depth...

He only has one key and I asked him why??? he told me M3 only came with one key (what?!) he told me BMW Canada only gave him one key (he even told me he got a letter to prove BMW only sent him one key but he was not able to produce the letter...getting more fishy now...). He currently has some cheap aftermarket rims on and I asked him about the stock rims, he told me the last owner (whom he said was a doctor) sold the stock rims....I was wondering why would a doctor sell BMW stock rims to get ugly 19 inch aftermarket rims? hmmmm....

He said I could buy it through BMW dealer after he trade in the car to the dealer if I want peace of mind...what?!?!?!?! I asked whether he wants to save tax for a new car with his trade it credit...I told me jokingly that he should give me half of the tax he saves on his trade in cash ...he wasn't too happy after I saw through what he was trying to do...

as I know people who works at BMW, so I asked him for the VIN to check this service record and so forth, he got all defensive all of a sudden and said he doesn't want to deal with me anymore and told me I was a geek?!?!?

anyways I went ahead to look up his record. It showed the car had both factory keys missing and the current owner ordered one key only and refused to pay for the second key (a comment made on the BMW system), the service department had made multiple suggestion to have all the tires replaced but the current owner refused...and other things that need work but were all refused

geez...I am not sure why both original keys went missing and some how the first owner only owned for one year (who is a doctor, the current seller kept mentioning)...and what happened to the original rims??? I think I will walk away from this "GOOD" deal...

if you are interested, autotrader id:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/TOR...o/19_6709053_/

Last edited by jameswbl; 05-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.
jameswbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Post the VIN, I have a feeling why this is shady...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswbl View Post
the car was owed by a famous doctor
lol when I read shit like this = scam
Old 05-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
He said I could buy it through BMW dealer after he trade in the car to the dealer if I want peace of mind...what?!?!?!?! I asked whether he wants to save tax for a new car with his trade it credit...I told me jokingly that he should give me half of the tax he saves on his trade in cash ...he wasn't too happy after I saw through what he was trying to do...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/TOR...o/19_6709053_/
Sounds like you need to move on and look at the next car but what is the problem with a paper trade?

Why give the government more money they scam on used cars every time they change hands? And you suggest he give you a cut? get real.

I've done this before - don't see any problem cutting out the tax man.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I am assuming you were able to look up the history by having the VIN number, and you just went to a dealer?

As soon as I see no gas in the car or worn out rubber, I walk away...
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
jameswbl
3rd Gear Member

I miss having a BMW and I was thinking about getting one this summer...does anyone know this car???

I got the details from a friend who works at a BMW dealer. I gave him the VIN and the name and he looked it up for me

Last edited by jameswbl; 05-07-2013 at 05:02 PM.
jameswbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
HaMmErHeAd
2nd Gear Member

You already stated the seller did not want to deal with you anymore. Regardless if the car is good or not, I think it will be hard to complete the transaction when there is already some tension between you and the seller. Just my advice you can try to contact the seller again, but if I were you I would just look for something else.
HaMmErHeAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
I miss having a BMW and I was thinking about getting one this summer...does anyone know this car???

I got the details from a friend who works at a BMW dealer. I gave him the VIN and the name and he looked it up for me
I might know something, but i need a VIN!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
tiquitaca
1st Gear Newbie

As long as the car has a clean title, no liens, and no accidents, I think the car is cool. But $51.9k sounds high consider it has no stock rims (approx. $1500) and missing one key (approx a couple hundred bucks).

If it isn't a Canadian car, that asking sounds a bit high. See if you can get a Carfax.
tiquitaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiquitaca View Post
missing one key (approx a couple hundred bucks).
Try closer to $400.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

oh good lord. Read the email. This has nigerian "insert label" scam written all over it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: