Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #31
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I don't run meth. My car runs on e85 and that's what I will run anyone with, PM me when your ready
How is that fair? E85 is not pump gas, e85 is ethanol and essentially race gas. My car isn't tuned for e85 because its unavailable in Canada, and going over the border to pick some up everytime I want to drive my car isn't an option.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
How is that fair? E85 is not pump gas, e85 is ethanol and essentially race gas. My car isn't tuned for e85 because its unavailable in Canada, and going over the border to pick some up everytime I want to drive my car isn't an option.
There's a UPI fueling station on Hwy 24 between Guelph and Cambridge that sells E85. However I've heard that you need to have a flex fuel vehicle to be able to get it. I should actually go talk to someone there some day since it's only a few minutes away from where I live.

I'm sure there must be at least a few more stations that sell it in Ontario if this fuelling depot between Guelph and Cambridge has it...
Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
There's a UPI fueling station on Hwy 24 between Guelph and Cambridge that sells E85. However I've heard that you need to have a flex fuel vehicle to be able to get it. I should actually go talk to someone there some day since it's only a few minutes away from where I live.

I'm sure there must be at least a few more stations that sell it in Ontario if this fuelling depot between Guelph and Cambridge has it...
They don't allow ANYONE with out a flex fuel vehicle to fill up. It has to be a designated flex fuel vehicle. There's a thread online about some dude trying to do a university auto project by converting his gocart to e85 and wasn't allowed to even buy 5 liters of it. Apparently it's regulated by the government or something.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

From the stories I've heard it more or less seems depend on whether or not the guy working at the station gives a shit. Some people have been able to get it.

Looks like we need to make friends with some UPI guys or just get a flex fuel sticker and put it on your car, that'd probably be good enough to fool some gas station attendants

Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #35
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Lol Even if I could get e85 for a one time use I would never run it, as I never designed my fuel system/motor around e85, just because its so unavailable to me. If it was local to me and I could get it with no problems then hell yea I'd be running e85!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #36
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
Lol Even if I could get e85 for a one time use I would never run it, as I never designed my fuel system/motor around e85, just because its so unavailable to me. If it was local to me and I could get it with no problems then hell yea I'd be running e85!
Your sort of sounding like the guys in your sig. If your calling out someone then it's run what you brung. What next? No race gas, no meth, no E85, no summer tires, only use odd gears......... The reason this came to be is that people were saying HPF is all smoke and mirrors and dyno queens. They were built to have these options. Feel free to put race gas/meth or E85 if you race. If your car doesn't gain from that why should someone else have to be punished for building a car that does. Same goes for NOS. if I build my car to run it why wouldn't I use it?

Just my 2 cents. Drive responsibly guys.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #37
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
thanks fab,

hope to see the car sometime this summer
Same buddy, it's been to long
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #38
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbimmer View Post
Your sort of sounding like the guys in your sig. If your calling out someone then it's run what you brung. What next? No race gas, no meth, no E85, no summer tires, only use odd gears......... The reason this came to be is that people were saying HPF is all smoke and mirrors and dyno queens. They were built to have these options. Feel free to put race gas/meth or E85 if you race. If your car doesn't gain from that why should someone else have to be punished for building a car that does. Same goes for NOS. if I build my car to run it why wouldn't I use it?

Just my 2 cents. Drive responsibly guys.
Because its apples to oranges and its not a fair comparison? How hard is that to understand? The motor has to be TUNED for race gas or e85 to get the full advantages which mine is NOT as I don't run race gas. I'm not buying a thousand dollar drum of race gas for 1 race, that's just stupid.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #39
Steve30
Techno Viking

Are you ready for yours?? haha that silver civic is ready... I'm going to be wiring up the red one soon so that one will be on the hunt soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
e85 vs pump gas lol that's not fair....even though e85 is technically "pump fuel" its pretty much budget race gas.

When this goes down pm me too i wanna see!

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #40
Tom
4th Gear Member

Lol exactly what Fabio is true, I can see when your comparing cars with a buddy try to keep it even with same psi/same fuel ect... But when your a random dude saying hpf cars are all dyno queens and want to run me, why would I dummy my car down for you for a "fair" race. My car will punish your car so hard that you will wish you never said hpf sucks. Again if you want to race with all you got, ill bring all I got too.

P.s. the station is Guelph closed down but there's a UPI in Ottawa that I got 6 drums from last year, also there's a guy registering a business for drum shipment to your door from the states, that should be up and running within the next month I am told.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #41
Steve30
Techno Viking

Hey Tom just wondering if you've ever run that car at the track? If so, ET/traps?

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
damameke
6th Gear Member

Stupid things happened, some deadly due to a dare, just because HPF went bankrupt...
smh
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #43
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Lol exactly what Fabio is true, I can see when your comparing cars with a buddy try to keep it even with same psi/same fuel ect... But when your a random dude saying hpf cars are all dyno queens and want to run me, why would I dummy my car down for you for a "fair" race. My car will punish your car so hard that you will wish you never said hpf sucks. Again if you want to race with all you got, ill bring all I got too.

P.s. the station is Guelph closed down but there's a UPI in Ottawa that I got 6 drums from last year, also there's a guy registering a business for drum shipment to your door from the states, that should be up and running within the next month I am told.
Dude you talk like you're 15 years old and youre making hpf owners look bad. You know nothing about my car or what it's running. I built my own car, with my own hands, skills, time and knowledge. I didn't take it to a shop give them a bunch of money and tell them to call me when it's done.

A fair comparison would be for you to run George's ics twin turbo e36 m3 that puts down 1300rwhp+ on e85. That would be a fair comparison as its on the same fuel you're running. Or if I was on e85 I would gladly run you np, I just think it's pointless having a car you can't get fuel for.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
Tom
4th Gear Member

I'm typing off a phone, Tyron your a joke. I'm out I don't have time for people like you.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #45
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Yeah you mad. The only joke here is you being scared to do heads up on pump with you running a 7675

Tags
burnout, e46, race, turbo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: