Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Maranello BMW
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
2014BMW35dX5
1st Gear Newbie

Maranello BMW= a ****ING JOKE AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Purchased a brand new 2014 X5 35d. Check engine light on at 1200km, 5500km. Car was in shop to be serviced on a Thursday. Received a call from Joanna at Maranello, to inform me my car was in. I was informed that I would receive a call within 24 hours to inform me more about my vehicle. No call from BMW to inform me what was going on with my vehicle or time it would take to fix vehicle. 4 days pass and on Tuesday morning I decide to call BMW to ask them what the status was on my vehicle. Was informed that vehicle was fixed and ready to go since 6pm on Monday ( where is my phone call to inform me my car is ready or what was being done on it for that matter? ) WAs informed that EGR valve was seized and needed to be replaced but there was no guarantee that cooler needed to be replaced as well so they wanted permission to drive my car approximately 100km to ensure cooler didn't need to be replaced. The next day I was informed that car was good to go.....

4 days later after car was "fixed", car at 7000kilometers and check engine light comes on again. Furious, I call Maranello and they want me to bring me my car in again. Only problem is I live 700 kilometers from Maranello and this is a new vehicle. Explained to them that I want them to either replace my vehicle with a new one or I want them to tow my car back to the dealership after car is fixed. Informed that I must pick up my vehicle and nothing could be done for me. What a gongshow, and a bunch of monkeys working at this dealership. If any of you are considering a X5 diesel or dealing with this donkey dealership, I would avoid at ALL COSTS.
2014BMW35dX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #2
gruppusol
2nd Gear Member

In 2006, I purchased a '00 M5, but before I purchased it, I wanted to Maranello BMW to check it out. - no problems - no check engine light, therefore they said no need to check the computer... I bought it - check engine light goes on... I have maranello check it out... all they wanted was $11000 + tax to fix it.

Needless to say that was the last time I every went to a bmw dealership for service.

No, I did not leave my car there to get it fixed. I got it fixed for less than a fifth of that amount somewhere else.
'00 e39 M5 Avus Blau - SOLD
'97 e36 M3 Cosmos Black sedan - R.I.P.
gruppusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014BMW35dX5 View Post
Purchased a brand new 2014 X5 35d. Check engine light on at 1200km, 5500km. Car was in shop to be serviced on a Thursday. Received a call from Joanna at Maranello, to inform me my car was in. I was informed that I would receive a call within 24 hours to inform me more about my vehicle. No call from BMW to inform me what was going on with my vehicle or time it would take to fix vehicle. 4 days pass and on Tuesday morning I decide to call BMW to ask them what the status was on my vehicle. Was informed that vehicle was fixed and ready to go since 6pm on Monday ( where is my phone call to inform me my car is ready or what was being done on it for that matter? ) WAs informed that EGR valve was seized and needed to be replaced but there was no guarantee that cooler needed to be replaced as well so they wanted permission to drive my car approximately 100km to ensure cooler didn't need to be replaced. The next day I was informed that car was good to go.....

4 days later after car was "fixed", car at 7000kilometers and check engine light comes on again. Furious, I call Maranello and they want me to bring me my car in again. Only problem is I live 700 kilometers from Maranello and this is a new vehicle. Explained to them that I want them to either replace my vehicle with a new one or I want them to tow my car back to the dealership after car is fixed. Informed that I must pick up my vehicle and nothing could be done for me. What a gongshow, and a bunch of monkeys working at this dealership. If any of you are considering a X5 diesel or dealing with this donkey dealership, I would avoid at ALL COSTS.
Friend has the same diesel x5 .. No problems with it and I'm sure he's way above 20,000km now. Just luck of the draw for you .. From my understanding if you go in for a third time they should be able to offer you the money back minus some costs

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Honestly besides them not calling back to say your car was ready, why are they donkeys?

You have to understand the following...

They did not build the car
They can only fix what they can see or the computer is willing to talk about
Even a test drive will not show signs of further issues even within a reasonable drive

Is this an issue they could have solved for good, maybe, maybe not but you have no evidence they were negligent.

Often times a customer is told to keep driving and return if the light or symptom returns, you do what you can, no one is a magician.

In saying that I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the car but you are far away from deserving of another vehicle, EGR valve and a couple check engine lights, they be exchanging vehicles and giving money back to just about everyone lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: