Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #91
E46carbonM3
M3 Carbon Fiber Junky

Send a message via AIM to E46carbonM3 Send a message via Skype™ to E46carbonM3
Flat Tire E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
Thanks for another great cruise Jay. A few of us got lost at the end and had to change a flat tire. It was nice to see everyone pull over and help even though we were starving lol.
Thank you to all the guys that chose to follow me the last 70km of the route after we got lost, pulled over by O.P.P. and then assisted with my tire blow out. BIG Thanks to Moe in the Black 540 for lending me his full size spare.

B I M M I A N
E46carbonM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #92
E46carbonM3
M3 Carbon Fiber Junky

Send a message via AIM to E46carbonM3 Send a message via Skype™ to E46carbonM3
BIG thanks to Jay for putting together yet another GREAT cruise. Also thanks to the all that made the 2 non BMW's feel more than welcome. The TURBO VR6 Jetta and the AUDI S5. They both had BLAST and are looking forward to the next cruise.

B I M M I A N
E46carbonM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I really enjoyed myself, perfect weather, gorgeous scenery, and a good crowd. The lakeside supercars that passed us was a nice and unexpected surprise.

There's always one person. This year it was you.

I had a lengthy paragraph written out, but you seriously need to just PAY ATTENTION while driving. Jerking the steering wheel at double the speed limit on a winding road, drifting into oncoming traffic, and panic braking are all ridiculous things I and at least 3 other people witnessed in the short time while following or directly ahead of you.

DSC and sheer luck are the only two things that kept your 323 from sliding into the ditch during your encounter with oncoming traffic. You are NOT invincible behind the wheel.
He wasn't the only oncoming traffic hero either... There were definitely a few nutjobs out there

Loved passing the supercars too that was great

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #94
srozon01
1st Gear Newbie

I missed it

Hey

I was away for the long weekend. Will their be another cruise.
srozon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #95
zenaissance
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
He wasn't the only oncoming traffic hero either... There were definitely a few nutjobs out there
I totally agree. In addition the cruise is not a racetrack. On the way to the first stop, I was actually one of the last cars and I totally enjoyed it- cruising at a good speed, neither too fast or slow- just blending in with the traffic. During another stop (in the town area) I remember (and I wont name which car) another dude going back and forth and almost hitting a truck while we were all parked on the side in a row. There were a few awesome drivers out there (including one older grey Bimmer- I followed his car with pleasure- in fact he was waving guys to go by him if they needed to). The key is to keep a good distance- some cars were following too close and being a little too aggressive. I don't need to prove myself to anyone. If you were following me too close- just go by me if you need. I always keep a safe distance (a few car lengths or more) behind another car. A little maturity and class helps. Otherwise, an awesome route.

ESS VT2-500+ SUPERCHARGER/MODIFIED B&B EXHAUST/RD SPORT CROSS-FLOW MID-PIPE/GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS/CUSTOM 19" 3PC FORGED WHEELS
zenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #96
zenaissance
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srozon01 View Post
Hey

I was away for the long weekend. Will their be another cruise.
There should be a midnight cruise in July and another one in Autumn.

ESS VT2-500+ SUPERCHARGER/MODIFIED B&B EXHAUST/RD SPORT CROSS-FLOW MID-PIPE/GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS/CUSTOM 19" 3PC FORGED WHEELS
Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #97
dbworld4k
Addict

Zenaissance, is your car Moonstone Metallic?

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #98
srozon01
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks so much, Hopefully I can join the next one.
srozon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #99
Augis
MFIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portista View Post
I was pulled over after we left Mcdonalds for speeding but the OPP was a cool guy and let me off the hook with just a warning.

Awesome drive!!
I'm glad you didn't get in trouble! We were going much faster than 114 and thank god I didn't stop with you
Augis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #100
zenaissance
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Zenaissance, is your car Moonstone Metallic?
Its Diamond Metallic (Gold pink and silver combo). Several years ago there is a photo of my car when I attended a local meet and they incorrectly labelled it as Moonstone, which is also pretty rare.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #101
BMWWW
2nd Gear Member

While I love low treadwear sticky summer tires, I keep forgetting how much it sucks to follow another car with them. Might need a front-end-repaint after a few more cruises behind someone with PSS/Starspecs.

I enjoyed it the route thoroughly, was a bit of a PITA when my n/a car got stuck behind non-cruise-drivers, combined with blind corners and double yellows. But the benefit was probably a solid minute or two of clear roads once you cleared them--those were my highlights. Oh, and DAT white e92m3 had an orchestra of sounds coming through the tailpipes.

Had to leave early before the final 100km or so, leg started getting swollen big time. (post acl surgery), and ONLY JUST got back into Toronto for 7.
BMWWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #102
dbworld4k
Addict

I just started washing my car. There are a few giant chips straight to the metal on my hood and my bumper is no longer 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenaissance View Post
Its Diamond Metallic (Gold pink and silver combo). Several years ago there is a photo of my car when I attended a local meet and they incorrectly labelled it as Moonstone, which is also pretty rare.
Wow. Never heard of that one. Nice find!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #103
ex3mal
Weapon M

I got some big stone chip to, cruise was blast

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi stage 2
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #104
partner103
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to tag along to the next one to go for a nice drive. Unfortunately, I missed out on this one.
partner103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #105
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

Cruise was a blast ! really enjoyed the route and getting lost a few times ! lol

I have to say, to that kid with the green vert e36 (I think he posted asking people to "allow" him to come): RESPECT for you bro ! he was one of the most "mature" drivers in the cruise, and your car is very clean ! keep up the good work
Kbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: