Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
MikeP
Haters gonna Hate

Angry Iac driving me crazy

ok so ive been asking around figure id come to the people who may have a clue is it possible to fix an iac valve? my car has been idleing like ass since last year and i need this fixed before i put it back on the road this year help please
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

just replace it... but before you do, you should check for vac/intake leaks first.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
cormier
6th Gear Member

Take it off , dunk in rubbing alcohol or degreaser for a bit then go at it with Qtips...repeat process while opening and closing valve with a screwdriver or by hand until the valve moves VERY freely like when you spin the unit in your hand the valve feels like it stays centred with the housing spinning around it.

I thought I cleaned mine well but still had issues until I cleaned it better lol

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
MikeP
Haters gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
just replace it... but before you do, you should check for vac/intake leaks first.
lol thats funny i just say i have a leak on my intake hose but that looks recent I probably will just get a new part since its such a pain to do a re&re on this part thanks bud
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
MikeP
Haters gonna Hate

so you're saying this will fix my idleing issue and stop the car from shutting off when it idle's just by changing or cleaning the IAC next question does anybody have or know where i can get an IAC from for a decent price? and if i change it should I go used or new?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
cormier
6th Gear Member

I don't think there's a point in going used because you could just clean your current one and get the same result?

Pelican parts or Mike@Maranello can get you OEM.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
MikeP
Haters gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
I don't think there's a point in going used because you could just clean your current one and get the same result?

Pelican parts or Mike@Maranello can get you OEM.
yea i figured new but i will clean this one first thanks man
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
MikeP
Haters gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
Take it off , dunk in rubbing alcohol or degreaser for a bit then go at it with Qtips...repeat process while opening and closing valve with a screwdriver or by hand until the valve moves VERY freely like when you spin the unit in your hand the valve feels like it stays centred with the housing spinning around it.

I thought I cleaned mine well but still had issues until I cleaned it better lol
thanks for the help man i cleaned the IAC out yesterday and she runs amazing but im puffing white smoke now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: