Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
sooze30
1st Gear Newbie

bolt pattern 2011 vs. 2013 ?

Wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions:

a) which model is the 2011 328ix Touring? e91 n?

b) what does LCI mean?

c) a salesman is trying to tell me that OEM wheels from a 2011 will not fit onto a new (2013) 328ix Touring. (the salesman is pushy and I can't get a straight answer).

many thx for any answers.

ps. anyone ever buy from Grand Touring in London? Good / bad experiences?
sooze30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
tthai4
2nd Gear Member

Hey so im not too sure about the f30 3 series but can comment on the e90.

a) I believe the touring is e91, (e90 sedan, e91 touring, e92 coupes and e93 convertible)

b) LCI is Life Cycle Impulse. Its like how e36 and e46 had facelifted models in the later years of its generation. It has some different exterior and interior changes. (leds, angel eyes DTR etc) not too sure about performance difference thought.

c) I had the chance to own e36-e90 and all 3 series from what i know have the same bolt pattern with slightly different offset. I have put oem e46 onto e90 and vise versa but cant really comment on f30 bmw. I do know they are the same bolt pattern (5x120).

ps. My friends family purchase a two bmw from grand touring and they really like it, service wise its great as well. I personally never shopped there but got a key cut and programmed there lol.

Hope i answered some stuff!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

New F30s use the same bolt pattern but different lug bolts, they are now 141.25mm up from 12x1.5mm all older 3-series used.

Sales guys usually don't know this info (unless they are savy), so they won't give you an answer. They will give you the answer by the book which is only the wheels BMW offers on that model will fit.

The wheels will mount assuming you get the width and offset correct but you have to be careful and use the correct lug bolts and make sure they seat properly on the rim when torqued.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: